First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have 2017 Civic Si seats and want to swap them into my 2016 Civic EX-L sedan. I called a number of shops and dealerships in the Nashville area and they don't do it. Does anyone know of a place around Nashville that can do the swap and also calibrate the airbags. I don't mind driving an hour or two outside of Nashville as well? Airbag calibration seems to be the big questions from previous post I've seen on this site about swapping for Si seats. I will be in the Denver area in the June time frame roaming around, so any shops out there would be helpful as well.
Sponsored

RS27

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6 spd / 2019 Civic Coupe Sport CVT / 05 E46 M3 6MT Slicktop
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Dealer can initialize the OPDS and clear the SRS light. Should be about 1 labor hour charge.

OP
OP

JJ707

JJ
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just got these from a seller out in Florida off EBAY. Excellent condition, with airbabs, all parts, and it arrived fast. Always loved the new SI seats.

After calling around No dealers and majority of shops an hour of my vicinity will not do the Install and calibration. I did find one shop in Antioch, so we’ll see if all goes well on this install in the coming week.

Honda Civic 10th gen Si Seat Swap Thread, Again!? 0CD566E0-7A80-45B0-BEEB-BA24D7645059

Last edited:

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
As far as install goes I bet they bolt right in.

Put some seat covers on them they might not notice they are SI seats.

OP
OP

JJ707

JJ
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As far as install goes I bet they bolt right in.

Put some seat covers on them they might not notice they are SI seats.
I hope they bolt right in. I got these from eBay and I’m gonna pin them to cover the Si logo. I plan on reupholstering the seats with some Katzkin leather in the near future without the Si logos.

Honda Civic 10th gen Si Seat Swap Thread, Again!? B5A04D97-207C-40ED-9E0B-0B6CF27E0B97

OP
OP

JJ707

JJ
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why would it need airbag calibration?
I imagine the Si seats are probably coded different from an non Si Civic. Hopefully I can get them calibrated to work properly with my 2016 EX-L.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I imagine the Si seats are probably coded different from an non Si Civic. Hopefully I can get them calibrated to work properly with my 2016 EX-L.
I am under the (potentially naive) impression the airbag should be plug and play. I don't see any reason the airbag would be different in the different trim level's seats - it's just an airbag.

But be careful to fully plug the harness in. I was 100% sure I did after I removed and reinstalled my seats yet I still got the airbag light because one of the clips just didn't fully seat.

I'd personally try unbolting and swapping one in myself and see if you do have an airbag light.

OP
OP

JJ707

JJ
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am under the (potentially naive) impression the airbag should be plug and play. I don't see any reason the airbag would be different in the different trim level's seats - it's just an airbag.

But be careful to fully plug the harness in. I was 100% sure I did after I removed and reinstalled my seats yet I still got the airbag light because one of the clips just didn't fully seat.

I'd personally try unbolting and swapping one in myself and see if you do have an airbag light.
Thank you for the tip. That's a good idea.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Disconnect the battery negative terminal, do the swap and plug in everything. Reconnect battery & you shouldn’t have an airbag light. SRS connector needs 3ohms or something like that to be considered as operational, or else a SRS light will come on. That’s how it’s always been when it came to swapping seats with aftermarket, but since they’re Si OEM seats it would be even easier

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Disconnect the battery negative terminal, do the swap and plug in everything. Reconnect battery & you shouldn’t have an airbag light. SRS connector needs 3ohms or something like that to be considered as operational, or else a SRS light will come on. That’s how it’s always been when it came to swapping seats with aftermarket, but since they’re Si OEM seats it would be even easier
Just be damn sure those connectors go in - they are stiff as hell.

Even though one of mine didn't fully seat and I got an airbag light, simply pushing it to finally seat correctly and turning the car off and back on made the light go away.

OP
OP

JJ707

JJ
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The seat swap was pretty easy. I swapped out the passenger side and plugged everything in, but the SRS light came on. Unplugged and re-plugged a couple times and still got the SRS light. I'm gonna take it into a shop this week and see if they can get everything to work properly. Can I get away with driving for about 20 minutes with the SRS light on?

Last edited:

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
The seat swap was pretty easy. I swapped out the passenger side and plugged everything in, but the SRS light came on. Unplugged and re-plugged a couple times and still got the SRS light. I'm gonna take it into a shop this week and see if they can get everything to work properly. Can I get away with driving for about 20 minutes with the SRS light on?
Are you absolutely certain the SRS connector fully seated? It can seem like you pushed it all the way in but the final click that seats it can take quite a lot of force.

I do not know if the airbag light means the entire airbag system is disabled or not but I drove around for a week with no passenger seat and the airbag light on from it.

If you're totally sure the connector is fully seated you could try pulling the battery cable for 15 minutes to see if it gets the light to reset.

OP
OP

JJ707

JJ
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another update. I got the seats installed. Pro tip, Si driver side heater module does not plug into the EX-L ones and I’m sure it has to do with the EX-L seat being powered.

I unplugged and plugged the airbag sensor multiple times. I disconnected and reconnected the battery multiple times. I also turned on and off the car is all modes to see if I can trick the car to make the airbag sensor go away. It was like doing the old Contra code on NES, but it with no success :(.

The shop I was going to take it to has been so flaky and I will need to look for another shop to see if they can calibrate the airbag. In the meantime I got the 3.3 ohm resistors to trick the sensor. I do love these Si seats. The bolstering is great and it really keeps you in. Super comfy. The patches covering the Si badges turned out better than expected.

Honda Civic 10th gen Si Seat Swap Thread, Again!? B6223912-958F-4CAC-AEB9-4879327E7DBD

Last edited:

Mortimus

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t
Country flag
Another update. I got the seats installed. Pro tip, Si driver side heater module does not plug into the EX-L ones and I’m sure it has to do with the EX-L seat being powered.

I unplugged and plugged the airbag sensor multiple times. I disconnected and reconnected the battery multiple times. I also turned on and off the car is all modes to see if I can trick the car to make the airbag sensor go away. It was like doing the old Contra code on NES, but it with no success :(.

The shop I was going to take it to has been so flaky and I will need to look for another shop to see if they can calibrate the airbag. In the meantime I got the 3.3 ohm resistors to trick the sensor. I do love these Si seats. The bolstering is great and it really keeps you in. Super comfy. The patches covering the Si badges turned out better than expected.

B6223912-958F-4CAC-AEB9-4879327E7DBD.jpeg
Any update on this? I did the swap too to SI seats and I have the same problem with my passenger side. Tried multiple times reconnecting everything.