saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I’ve been tossing the idea of SI rims on my car I know a few members have done this my question is it worth it
i want to use the stock suspension no modifications any comments or tips would be appreciated
thanks
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
It will look better, no doubt. Keep in mind they are heavier than the stock 17's and if you drive a lot of miles, tires are more expensive.

If you go aftermarket (at a place like Tire Rack), there are plenty of lighter, cheaper options. But you can't go wrong with OEM.

Also going to a 40 profile from a 50 might give you a slightly harsher ride, if that's a concern. And didn't you recently buy new tires for your stock 17's?

I know you also have tossed around the idea of a tune. I'd put my money there first.

Last edited:
OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
It will look better, no doubt. Keep in mind they are heavier than the stock 17's and if you drive a lot of miles, tires are more expensive.

If you go aftermarket (at a place like Tire Rack), there are plenty of lighter, cheaper options. But you can't go wrong with OEM.

Also going to a 40 profile from a 50 might give you a slightly harsher ride, if that's a concern. And didn't you recently buy new tires for your stock 17's?

I know you also have tossed around the idea of a tune. I'd put my money there first.
I do like the SI rims got the idea when looking on EBay Si owners selling they stock rims and the lower profile won’t bother me the roads are pretty flat and hardly any potholes ( unlike New York) and you’re probably right best to spend the money on a K-tuner first

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve been tossing the idea of SI rims on my car I know a few members have done this my question is it worth it
i want to use the stock suspension no modifications any comments or tips would be appreciated
thanks
SI rims (2017-19) look amazing. I also once wanted to add those to my car. I went the aftermarket route but it’s all up to you. If you want them, go ahead and rock them! Suspension wise, you’re only looking at a very minimal height increase and so it MIGHT not be to your liking depending on how you like it. To each his own. But keep in mind that since SI’s are 18”, your mpg and speed will be affected–albeit not very noticeable. The pros outweigh the cons tbh
Sponsored