Honda2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Would it be crazy to say I'd prefer the Si without LED headlights, sensing package, lane watch, etc to keep the price down? I bought my '06 Si Coupe (yes, I know, long time ago) out the door, for $19,990. The Si has always had the EX features with the Si bits thrown in. Could it still be that to keep the cost down and give enough gap to the Touring? Or are we all predicting a bigger jump from the 9th gen?
Also, this is my first post as I've been watching this site for a long time now, great place and hope to get my tall ass out of my Fit soon.
Sponsored

M1160

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of Uber
I don't think that's a crazy suggestion at all. Plenty of hipo versions strip out all the added fluff to keep costs down, the car lighter, and remove tech that a lot of enthusiasts view as nanny systems they don't need.

The Si is really not hardcore enough for that but I think given how much more refined and upscale the base EX is now in the new generation, added some performance bits on top of it without all the other tech would work just fine.

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
You're not alone. There's plenty of guys here who've said they want a stripper Si model (me included). Makes sense, it's more enthusiast types that buy the Si and enthusiasts tend to focus on performance over amenities.

Have you sat in the new Civic yet? Plenty of space for even tall folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

Honda2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Oh yeah, drove a touring. I was really surprised by the power the turbo puts down and it has PLENTY of room for me @ 6'3". Overall the car is really impressive, sometimes the looks weird me out, other times I can't believe how good it looks, but picture angles tend to do that.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
My ideal Si would be:

Cloth seats black with red stitching and Si embroidered into upper back rests
red stitching on door panels
base USDM LX radio...I want nothing to do with the infotainment BS
10 speaker 450w setup so I don't necessarily need to modify the radio ever
LSD
2.0T or healthy NA K series
sunroof
dual piston front calipers
real exhaust tip(s) out the back
black out all chrome

things I am "meh" on:

wheels. don't like any of the cheaper cut face wheels Honda uses these days. I WILL get aftermarket for this car
headlights. LED or halogen, both are fine by me. If halogen, I will swap in some bi-xenon HID projectors. If LED, I'll leave it alone

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
My ideal Si would be:

Cloth seats black with red stitching and Si embroidered into upper back rests
red stitching on door panels
base USDM LX radio...I want nothing to do with the infotainment BS
10 speaker 450w setup so I don't necessarily need to modify the radio ever
LSD
2.0T or healthy NA K series
sunroof
dual piston front calipers
real exhaust tip(s) out the back
black out all chrome

things I am "meh" on:

wheels. don't like any of the cheaper cut face wheels Honda uses these days. I WILL get aftermarket for this car
headlights. LED or halogen, both are fine by me. If halogen, I will swap in some bi-xenon HID projectors. If LED, I'll leave it alone
Good luck wishing for the 5' head unit with the 450w sound.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R #2314, LS Swapped FC RX-7
Country flag
I don't see the Si being a stripped down version - that will be reserved for the Type R.

I see the Si being a Touring model with more power and special seats.

Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBR600RR
I don't see the Si being a stripped down version - that will be reserved for the Type R.

I see the Si being a Touring model with more power and special seats.
But like @Design said above if Honda sticks to recent conventions, the Si may be offered in both a fully options model (Touring) and something with less bells and whistles (like EX-T).

Also it remains to be seen how stripped down the CivicX Type R is. The standard CivicX models have a lot more amenities compared to the outgoing model so I wonder if the next Type R will also have more amenities compared to the current one.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
I think the Si won't quite get to Touring level. Bet they leave out LED headlights, but offer leather and nav.

CTR will do it's own thing, no sense in trying to compare CTR to regular Civics.
BTW the camouflage CTR test cars have projector headlights. Dunno if that means anything.

Last edited:

Regi_Derrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Country flag
I think the Si won't quite get to Touring level. Bet they leave out LED headlights, but offer leather, nav and Sensing.

CTR will do it's own thing, no sense in trying to compare CTR to regular Civics.
BTW the camouflage CTR test cars have projector headlights. Dunno if that means anything.
I think it will be the other way around. So far NO Honda...rather it be the Civic or Accord, that offers a manual transmission offers Honda Sensing. Want an Accord LX, Sport EX or EXLV6 with manual? Forget about sensing. Its an option only with automatic transmissions.

I think the SI will basically mirror the EX-T in equipment, but have the Touring's LED headlights and the 450watt audio system along with the special SI seats, spoiler and probably 18 inch wheels (those are wow factors and folks looking for these types of cars will like these features) and then simply offer a "Navigation" model on top of it.44

Honda would be stupid not to offer LED headlights in the SI since the Civic has been stuck with those sorry ass reflector headlights for far too long. Every car in that class offers HIDS or LEDs. Honda as of late has been offering more equipment, I expect no different from the Civic SI.

We may finally get leather in an SI, but I don't see them offering Sensing since no other stick shift sedan (or coupe) so far seems to offer it so far.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
Yeah I agree on the Sensing. I forgot that automatic is mandatory for Sensing. Unless Si gets an automatic this time.

Disagree on the LED headlights. They won't be on the Si. Won't bother me though.
Sponsored