SpartanJp

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey guys so I recently just got an injen short ram intake for my Si and I’m hearing a lot of people saying it messes up the fuel trims, but I honestly have no idea what that means just that it’s not a good thing but anyways I want to do mods to my car without having to get a tune. Do all intakes intakes mess up the fuel trims or is it just the one I got. Also I don’t want to get a Cai just because my area floods a lot. Thanks for any advice you guys give.
Sponsored

Phillyp17

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey guys so I recently just got an injen short ram intake for my Si and I’m hearing a lot of people saying it messes up the fuel trims, but I honestly have no idea what that means just that it’s not a good thing but anyways I want to do mods to my car without having to get a tune. Do all intakes intakes mess up the fuel trims or is it just the one I got. Also I don’t want to get a Cai just because my area floods a lot. Thanks for any advice you guys give.
If you’re willing to wait, I highly recommend 27won CAI. It’s setup up as kind of a short ram and pulls cold air from the fender wells. I’m in a area that floods a lot too and that’s the ones I am getting because I don’t want hydro-lock like some people have with the PRL cobra CAI

OP
OP
SpartanJp

SpartanJp

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
If you’re willing to wait, I highly recommend 27won CAI. It’s setup up as kind of a short ram and pulls cold air from the fender wells. I’m in a area that floods a lot too and that’s the ones I am getting because I don’t want hydro-lock like some people have with the PRL cobra CAI
That sounds like a good deal, but it doesn’t mess with fuel trims or anything like that right? Because I’m not looking on getting ktuner or hondata until later on

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 27Won CAI and love it.

Sode note, has anyone actually hydrolocked a 10th gen civic with the PRL cobra CAI?

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
Both PRL and 27WON webpages tell you what mods they have that do and don't need tunes. Worth browsing. PRL short ram will have heat sink but it's not the end of the world, still better than the injen. 27Won is the winner if you don't want a Cold Air.

Phillyp17

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I have the 27Won CAI and love it.

Sode note, has anyone actually hydrolocked a 10th gen civic with the PRL cobra CAI?
Two of my buddies both bought the PRL cobra cai and here in Florida we get a lot of rain. One hydrolocked after driving off the driveway and another one didn’t see the huge flash flood and drove right past it.

OP
OP
SpartanJp

SpartanJp

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It’s just the Injen that messes up with the fuel trims AFAIK.
Would it be horrible to have it on just temporarily until I get a new one when I mean temporarily I mean at least a week

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Would it be horrible to have it on just temporarily until I get a new one when I mean temporarily I mean at least a week
You’ll get away with it though. If you’re using it on the long run, then it’ll give your engine some problems.