05NBPDC5

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RDX A-Spec SH-AWD
Country flag
It will be interesting to see what the Stock Fuel System is capable of supporting since we really don't know how far it will go to support higher HP levels..( fuel pump and injectors ).. but from seeing the results so far .. I would have to take a guess that 280~290hp and about 340ftlbs would be the upper limit on the OEM parts... Wonder if some of the people tuning these new Civics' have come close to hitting this wall and have they thought about a tuning solution ( have yet to see DI injectors CC' ratings for the Civics' :hmm: )
I'm thinking the turbo will be the main component getting in the way of exceeding 280whp if we are talking OEM parts. I am curious what the fuel has available as well, and I looked it up earlier and noticed the Si has a different injector part # than the 1.5T in the other Civics.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BlackedoutFC1

BlackedoutFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Shouldn't be too hard. The K20/K24 routinely hit over 500whp on completely stock engines. These engines aren't related but my point is Honda typically overbuilds the engines a good bit.
oh I agree, but until bigger turbos are getting put on the motor is going to cap out in power
It will be interesting to see what the Stock Fuel System is capable of supporting since we really don't know how far it will go to support higher HP levels..( fuel pump and injectors ).. but from seeing the results so far .. I would have to take a guess that 280~290hp and about 340ftlbs would be the upper limit on the OEM parts... Wonder if some of the people tuning these new Civics' have come close to hitting this wall and have they thought about a tuning solution ( have yet to see DI injectors CC' ratings for the Civics' :hmm: )

Don't quote me on it, but I can remember reading an article (can't remember where or from who) with the SI at 350 cc and non SI at 315 cc

they do have different part#

SI – 16010 5PA 305

Non SI- 16010 59B 315

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Don't quote me on it, but I can remember reading an article (can't remember where or from who) with the SI at 350 cc and non SI at 315 cc

they do have different part#

SI – 16010 5PA 305

Non SI- 16010 59B 315
Makes me wonder what the Type-R injector's are rated at:hmm:

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
The Si flywheel is a traditional single mass unit. The non Si is a more complex dual mass flywheel that is built for comfort but heavier and less sporty. As stated above some (if not all) of the Si Civics have shipped with the dual mass flywheel wheel, possibly due to production issues.
Actually, it seems like the Si does still have a dual mass flywheel from what we can tell. I originally thought it would be single mass, based on some of the early marketing materials.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Actually, it seems like the Si does still have a dual mass flywheel from what we can tell. I originally thought it would be single mass, based on some of the early marketing materials.
My guess is that it was the Type R all along that got the SMF, but someone in marketing made an error that was later corrected. The initial press releases also stated that the Si also came with remote start and rain-sensing wipers. However, it does appear to be more than a marketing error based on evidence from the parts diagram showing two different flywheels with two different part numbers. Based on that, I would suspect a last-minute engineering change. I would least expect Honda to have intended the Si to have a SMF, but couldn't get them in time and ended up putting in a DMF temporarily - that, it seems, would have the most consequences.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My guess is that it was the Type R all along that got the SMF, but someone in marketing made an error that was later corrected. The initial press releases also stated that the Si also came with remote start and rain-sensing wipers. However, it does appear to be more than a marketing error based on evidence from the parts diagram showing two different flywheels with two different part numbers. Based on that, I would suspect a last-minute engineering change. I would least expect Honda to have intended the Si to have a SMF, but couldn't get them in time and ended up putting in a DMF temporarily - that, it seems, would have the most consequences.
All of the online OEM parts catalogs originally indicated the Si had a SMF too, looks like they may have updated that.

OP
OP
BlackedoutFC1

BlackedoutFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Gnvanny

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And also if they will fit.
Has anyone tried replacing the non-si injectors with SI injectors yet. It must have been answered by now.
Sponsored