OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
HFP mats won't be high wall. Should be like the ones they show in the prototype civic.

Upgraded dampening... does that mean Si getting the Type R mode? I think sport mode can make the drive rough as it is, so I wonder what they will change.

Very interested in the upgraded brakes and if they made the floor mats in the high wall version in red I'll be so sad. Don't think I want to spend another $150-200 for floor mats that I already have.
Sponsored

Vrruumm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I would like to get my hands on the dampening system upgrade. Time to start saving up.

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
In a noob

What does HFP stand for?

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Upgraded dampening... does that mean Si getting the Type R mode? I think sport mode can make the drive rough as it is, so I wonder what they will change.
No additional modes. Just 30-50% stiffer Normal and Sport modes, with a .5" average drop on the springs.

I think many will forgo the active dampers as those alone should cost around $1.5-2K for the set.

http://hondapartsnetwork.com/assemb...-Sedan-SI-6-Speed-Manual-Front-Shock-Absorber
http://hondapartsnetwork.com/assemb...c-Sedan-SI-6-Speed-Manual-Rear-Shock-Absorber

I personally am thrilled that Honda will offer a properly spec'd system. The next cheapest entry level setup will probably come from Bilstein.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
In a noob

What does HFP stand for?
Honda Factory Performance (HFP) is the name given to a line of cosmetic and performance upgrades. These Honda-designed or approved upgrades tend to be modest and streetable for everyday drivers and backed by Honda. Anyone can buy HFP parts.

HFP is not to be confused with HPD, which is targeted toward professional racers. Only "professional racers" can buy these parts. They are not intended to be used on street vehicles and have no warranty whatsoever.

"Honda Performance Development, Inc., (HPD) is Honda's racing company in North America and is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Honda Motor Co., Inc. Founded in 1993, HPD is the technical operations center for Honda's high-performance racing programs. HPD specializes in the design and development of race engines, chassis and performance parts, and technical/race support. We are proud to also offer parts and race support to Honda and Acura grassroots motorsports racers, and are expanding our support of racing series and programs that make Honda racing products available to all racing styles, from karting and Quarter Midgets to the highest levels of pro racing." - http://hpd.honda.com/about/

Last edited:

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
BUMP - in case someone hears more on the HFP suspension for the SI. I'm highly interested in this.

I hope the pic of the green civic in this thread doesn't have the HFP suspension - I was hoping for a bit more drop. nothing slammed or unstreetable, but more "noticeable" I guess I would say.

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awhile ago the dealership I bought my SI from said HFP items will be coming out for the FIT first, and the Civic should soon follow. On Honda's official website the Honda Fit has the HFP items listed as a package now for the 2018 Fit. So we should be hearing about the Civic SI HFP sometime pretty soon!

fingers crossed for a nice suspension setup that drops the car about 1-1.2 inches! that would make my day
Sponsored