Nene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I ran eibach rsb on stiff with si front and had lift off oversteer. Then added eibach fsb. I go back and forth between stiff and soft on rsb. It's soft right now. Also using accord rsb endlinks. They're metal instead of plastic and like $17 each. Using prokit springs. I think Whiteline has a good product too.
How hard did you push the car to induce the lift off oversteer? Also again I just wanna thank ya for the input!
Sponsored

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The first suspension mod was just eibach rsb on stiff. The first time I took it out and pushed it, the rear surprising slid out when trail braking into a tighter 90. I had fun with it like that for 2 weeks but quickly changed to pro kit springs and fsb at the same time. The rsb on stiff with everything else OEM and OEM wheels and tires was boarder line dangerous in the wrong hands I would say, definitely easy to rotate.

OP
OP
Nene

Nene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The first suspension mod was just eibach rsb on stiff. The first time I took it out and pushed it, the rear surprising slid out when trail braking into a tighter 90. I had fun with it like that for 2 weeks but quickly changed to pro kit springs and fsb at the same time. The rsb on stiff with everything else OEM and OEM wheels and tires was boarder line dangerous in the wrong hands I would say, definitely easy to rotate.
Gotcha so wheels also play a factor, yea sounds pretty dangerous for me since I’m not experienced with lift off. I’ll probably do everything in one shot. I also read on a post about the aftermarket bars clunking over time

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Gotcha so wheels also play a factor, yea sounds pretty dangerous for me since I’m not experienced with lift off. I’ll probably do everything in one shot. I also read on a post about the aftermarket bars clunking over time
Especially when you have an aftermarket end links. Happened to me before at the fronts when one of my Whiteline endlinks was not that tight.

OP
OP
Nene

Nene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Especially when you have an aftermarket end links. Happened to me before at the fronts when one of my Whiteline endlinks was not that tight.
So just a simple tightening took the clunk away?

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have used Si, 22 mm and now 26 mm Whiteline along with OEM HB front. Only way to find out for myself like it or otherwise. Si 18 mm is not worth the money. 22 mm + Accord end links are really nice combo with Whiteline front end links.

On 26 mm Whiteline and end links, I experiencing problem first with greaseless bushing. They are oversized, resulted with lots of end play that is occasionally clunky. Jury is still out on their end links. Since I want to address problems one at a time. At the moment, waiting for Whiteline to send me grease-able end links bushings under warranty. Performance wise, without the occasional noise, that would be a great combination for me.

Everyone has opinion, only way to find out is to try it yourself.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have used Si, 22 mm and now 26 mm Whiteline along with OEM HB front. Only way to find out for myself like it or otherwise. Si 18 mm is not worth the money. 22 mm + Accord end links are really nice combo with Whiteline front end links.

On 26 mm Whiteline and end links, I experiencing problem first with greaseless bushing. They are oversized, resulted with lots of end play that is occasionally clunky. Jury is still out on their end links. Since I want to address problems one at a time. At the moment, waiting for Whiteline to send me grease-able end links bushings under warranty. Performance wise, without the occasional noise, that would be a great combination for me.

Which endlinks were you having problems with? I'm using OEM front and accord rear. Whiteline make two different front endlinks?

OP
OP
Nene

Nene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Yes you’re right. It’s specific on what the driver feels. Thanks for your input !

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
On 22 mm stiff setup, Accord rear + Whiteline front. I really like that set up.

Which endlinks were you having problems with? I'm using OEM front and accord rear. Whiteline make two different front endlinks?
At the moment, I really don't know if the occasional clunk is attributed to the end links. But closer inspection, reveal Whiteline sway bar's greaseless bushings have a less than ideal loose fit. I could manually move it by hand to generate the same "clunk" as well as able to see the movement on the sway bar. I want to eliminate one problem at a time. So, while waiting for the out of stock traditional grease-able bushings, I wrapped four layer of teflon tape in an attempt to fill the gap! Noisy clunk is less but is still there. So, I don't want to blame the less than perfect, in terms of adjustability, Whiteline's end links. I might try Accord end links just for curiosity after the replacement bushings.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm running Eibach pro-kit springs, Si rsb with the Accord endlinks with the Sirimoto W brace and front strut bar. Planning to add the Eibach front sway bar next.

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag

At the moment, I really don't know if the occasional clunk is attributed to the end links. But closer inspection, reveal Whiteline sway bar's greaseless bushings have a less than ideal loose fit. I could manually move it by hand to generate the same "clunk" as well as able to see the movement on the sway bar. I want to eliminate one problem at a time. So, while waiting for the out of stock traditional grease-able bushings, I wrapped four layer of teflon tape in an attempt to fill the gap! Noisy clunk is less but is still there. So, I don't want to blame the less than perfect, in terms of adjustability, Whiteline's end links. I might try Accord end links just for curiosity after the replacement bushings.
If there is a gap between the endlink stud and the swaybar hole, you can try tightening the nut further down so it doesn’t slip. It will take more than the Honda OEM torque spec. Also recommend removing any preload on the swaybar using the adjustable links.

OP
OP
Nene

Nene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

I think white line sells lateral locks for sway bars so the bushings can’t move. I’m not sure if that’s what they are used for though.
Sponsored