Nene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I know the rear sway bars are interchangeable across all civics. I’m wondering if the fronts are also interchangeable. Anyone ever tried it?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nene

Nene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Does anyone know the Specs of each front sway bar? I believe Si is 27mm tubular. What about hatch and Type R?

OP
OP
Nene

Nene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Si front sway, type R rear sway, Si Springs on Hatchback Sport.. does that sound like a good set up? I wanted to upgrade the front a little bit to reduce significant oversteer with the large Type R RSB, so I figured perhaps the Si Front Sway can compliment well. How does that sound?

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
With the front swaybar being the hardest to get to, I’d suggest either a type R front bar to match the rear, or an aftermarket one that’s adjustable.

The type r front bar at least keeps the front/rear roll couple bias more balanced. Also, you’d only want to get in there once, if you change your mind, you gotta rip it all out again. At least with an adjustable, you can soften the anti roll effect.

OP
OP
Nene

Nene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
With the front swaybar being the hardest to get to, I’d suggest either a type R front bar to match the rear, or an aftermarket one that’s adjustable.

The type r front bar at least keeps the front/rear roll couple bias more balanced. Also, you’d only want to get in there once, if you change your mind, you gotta rip it all out again. At least with an adjustable, you can soften the anti roll effect.
Makes sense! Thanks so much I’ll look into adjustable ones??

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would just buy lowering springs and an adjustable rsb and call it a day. The fsb is a bitch to change honestly. Going from a sport hatch to si fsb just isn't worth the hassle. An eibach or Whiteline rsb will let you adjust so you can adjust to softer setting if it is far too much stiffer than the front. Then decide if you want fsb, you probably won't.

OP
OP
Nene

Nene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I would just buy lowering springs and an adjustable rsb and call it a day. The fsb is a bitch to change honestly. Going from a sport hatch to si fsb just isn't worth the hassle. An eibach or Whiteline rsb will let you adjust so you can adjust to softer setting if it is far too much stiffer than the front. Then decide if you want fsb, you probably won't.
Appreciate it! Yea I hear a lot about the fsb being the worst thing to do. I was just nervous because I have a type R rsb and didn’t want it to be too bad. Anyway, I’ll try out the RSB since it’s not bad of an install then I’ll work forward from that seeing how I like it. Thank you all for your inputs !!!

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Appreciate it! Yea I hear a lot about the fsb being the worst thing to do. I was just nervous because I have a type R rsb and didn’t want it to be too bad. Anyway, I’ll try out the RSB since it’s not bad of an install then I’ll work forward from that seeing how I like it. Thank you all for your inputs !!!
Type R rsb and sport fsb might be okay. I had eibach rsb on stiff setting with si fsb and it was way too stiff. Soft setting was okay but I ended up putting eibach fsb in too.

OP
OP
Nene

Nene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Type R rsb and sport fsb might be okay. I had eibach rsb on stiff setting with si fsb and it was way too stiff. Soft setting was okay but I ended up putting eibach fsb in too.
What size are each bars and how do you like the ride now? Balanced or a bit of oversteer?

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
What size are each bars and how do you like the ride now? Balanced or a bit of oversteer?
Went from stock Sport front/CTR rear, to Sport front/Whiteline rear stiff, now Whiteline front soft/Whiteline rear stiff.

It gradually felt twitcher as I stiffened up the rear, but adding the front made it feel planted. Ride isn’t affected too much, only offset bumps and going over driveways and speed bumps at an angle do you really notice the extra spring rate.

OP
OP
Nene

Nene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Went from stock Sport front/CTR rear, to Sport front/Whiteline rear stiff, now Whiteline front soft/Whiteline rear stiff.

It gradually felt twitcher as I stiffened up the rear, but adding the front made it feel planted. Ride isn’t affected too much, only offset bumps and going over driveways and speed bumps at an angle do you really notice the extra spring rate.
Thanks for the info, I’ll look into the white line set up!

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ran eibach rsb on stiff with si front and had lift off oversteer. Then added eibach fsb. I go back and forth between stiff and soft on rsb. It's soft right now. Also using accord rsb endlinks. They're metal instead of plastic and like $17 each. Using prokit springs. I think Whiteline has a good product too.
Sponsored