Si flex fuel tune for non si?

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex
Country flag
I have a 10th gen ex and wanted to get a flex fuel kit. I was looking at tunes for my ktuner v2 and found a civic si tune and couldnt find any for a non si. Would the si tune work on my car?
Sponsored

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
OP
OP
AllGasNoBrakes
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex
Country flag
Thank you. I uploaded a new tune and activated flex fuel, do i need to run a flex fuel kit for e30, or make any other changes for ethanol to work?

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How out of wack are your fuel trims with it enabled right now, I'm curious? You don't want to enable flex fuel without the ECT2 sensor unplugged at least. This connection at the bottom of the radiator is where the FFC voltage is sent into the wire harness for a value for the ethanol readout. If you unplug that sensor, you will have no voltage input and therefore 0% ethanol reading. With that plugged in still you're coolant temp would be feeding a voltage into that connecting giving you a false ethanol reading.

So you need an flex fuel sensor connected to flex fuel converter connected to the ECT2 connection on the harness. If you don't have one yet you need to leave that connection unplugged or disable flex fuel on your tune.

OP
OP
AllGasNoBrakes
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex
Country flag
@bbeem Honestly im very new to tuning so if by fuel trims you mean my afr, its fine, it spikes a tiny bit here and there but overall not bad. And okay thank you for telling me about the sensor, but there is a quick disable button for it on my laptop when tuning would that work the same as unpluging it?

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
Thank you. I uploaded a new tune and activated flex fuel, do i need to run a flex fuel kit for e30, or make any other changes for ethanol to work?

Don't run an ethanol tune without the flex fuel kit installed.
Like bbeem said, look at your fuel trims ( & no AFR is not what he's asking about). You really want to look at LTFTs (long term fuel trims).
You should really take some time & read up on the Ktuner FAQs & tutorial before you start selecting tunes & possibly causing issues.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
Do not activate the flex fuel setting if you do not have a flex fuel kit installed.

To use E30 fuel you need to either use a flex fuel kit along with a tune that has the flex fuel functionality enabled OR have a custom tune completed that only works with E30.

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
If you are using the flex fuel tables and have it activated then yes, you need a flex fuel kit to run ethanol blends. If you are doing straight ethanol blend tuning without activating the flex fuel tables then no, you don't need a flex fuel kit. Basically, every flex fuel tune can run ethanol blends but not every ethanol tune is a flex fuel tune.
Sponsored

Last edited: