alexvillamar

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX-P
Country flag
hey guys i want to here your input on this little issue i’m having right now with the OEM Si spoiler i installed on my 2016 lx-p. whenever i go over bumps or close my trunk the center rattles a bit, everything is bolted down and secure for the most part. the good thing is when i’m going high speeds (70-80 mph) it stays pretty stable. does anyone know why this happens? is it because i didn’t replace the springs? or because the regular coupe trunk isn’t as durable as the Si trunk?
Sponsored

RedBullHondaF1

Banned
Banned
First Name
Speed Maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, 2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Its fine. They're all like that.

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
If everything is tight you should be fine. Trunk springs is only for opening the trunk with the increased weight of the wing. If it turns out to be an actual issue send me a DM, and I can compare the my FC3 and FC4 trunks (also added a SI wing to the FC4)

OP
OP

alexvillamar

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX-P
Country flag
If everything is tight you should be fine. Trunk springs is only for opening the trunk with the increased weight of the wing. If it turns out to be an actual issue send me a DM, and I can compare the my FC3 and FC4 trunks (also added a SI wing to the FC4)
sounds good! i’ll let keep it mind (hopefully no issues occur though lol??)

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hey guys i want to here your input on this little issue i’m having right now with the OEM Si spoiler i installed on my 2016 lx-p. whenever i go over bumps or close my trunk the center rattles a bit, everything is bolted down and secure for the most part. the good thing is when i’m going high speeds (70-80 mph) it stays pretty stable. does anyone know why this happens? is it because i didn’t replace the springs? or because the regular coupe trunk isn’t as durable as the Si trunk?
Nope you’re all good, i have an Si coupe and my spoiler flexes in the center a lot too. I bet it’s because it’s made of cheap/thin plastic to keep cost down.

OP
OP

alexvillamar

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX-P
Country flag
Nope you’re all good, i have an Si coupe and my spoiler flexes in the center a lot too. I bet it’s because it’s made of cheap/thin plastic to keep cost down.
alright, yeah i’ve heard a couple si’s also flex, thanks for letting me know??
Sponsored