J3T

First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I searched and could not find any, can anyone tell me what the speaker specs/ amp for our coupe?
There’s no Si on Crutchfield, are our speakers the same as touring coupe?
Sponsored

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I searched and could not find any, can anyone tell me what the speaker specs/ amp for our coupe?
They look like 6.5's all around, components in the front.

NickName541

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
If you end up adding an aftermarket amp, I would suggest you looking the Audio Control Lc2i if just hooking up a mono amp, or JL Audio FIX86 if doing a multi channel (stereo + mono) setup. Otherwise the OEM headunit and amp are so heavily crossed-over from the factory, the signal being tied into for your amp is compromised. Not to mention a bit too much for a standard LOC even if they are rated at 55w per ch in. Your system will only sound as good as its weakest link... which in the Civic case is tying into the OEM system for signal. It has to be done, but use the right DSP and it’ll turn out much better.

Reactions: J3T
OP
OP
J3T

J3T

First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I’m actually doing JL all the way, perfect! Do you know the sizes of speakers?

NickName541

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
I’m actually doing JL all the way, perfect! Do you know the sizes of speakers?
Shoulda be a 6.5”... JL has “600” and “650” in most of their line. I would suggest the 650’s as they should fit better. Unless you are going to run an aftermarket amp, I would say get the C1650 in the front and the matching coax set for the rear. No need to run a component set in the rear unless building a secondary zone for the passengers back there. Their C2 line is fantastic, but they want a bit more power then the OEM setup provides. And you’ll have to mount a much larger and more traditional crossover in each door as opposed to the small in-line ones the C1’s come with.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
The factory head unit sends digital audio only (no line-level or speaker-level outputs) to a 540-watt (peak) 10-channel amplifier with DSP-based crossovers to each of the 10 speakers. Each speaker is individually amplified.

The Si's speakers and amplifier as the same as the Touring model. Crutchfield has some information listed for a 2016 Civic Touring coupe that you can use.

According to Crutchfield, the center speaker is 3-1/2". Tweeters are 3/4" to 1-1/2". Door speakers are 6-1/2 " to 6-3/4". Rear speakers are 4". Front and rear tweeters and rear speakers are showing "modified fit" (no drop-in replacements).
Sponsored

Last edited: