AjHawk

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Alright guys and girls, how do you fit into your Si Coupe without your head being into the headliner? I’m 5’11” and have the seat back reclined a click or two further than I would prefer, and of course the height adjustment is pumped all the way to the floor. Yet my head is still nearly touching the headliner. I’m looking to AutoX the car this upcoming year and right now that’s not possible, I don’t fit with a helmet on. Am I doing something wrong or do you all recline to a 45*angle and deal with the uncomfortable driving position?
Sponsored

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
I have the same issue in my sedan. Im 6ft amd my head brushes the headliner while i drive lol. I dont know how people get a helmet on in these things!

If i was tracking it i think id have to do a aftermarket seat and rails to get a lower seating position.

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
6'2". In Some seat positions my head is a hair away from the roof, so far the recline position seems to have the most effect to lower my empty head a good couple of fingers, and still be in a preferred position .

OP
OP
AjHawk

AjHawk

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Does anyone know if aftermarket seat brackets are made for these cars yet? I need to find a way to fit with a helmet on.

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
5'11' here and with a helmet on it rubs the headliner. I only notice it while sitting in grid/stagging. Once I'm moving it doesn't bother me. It was more annoying at first but after a few events I got use to it.

destoups

First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
6-1 and it's a bit of a chore. Workable for 60 seconds at a time for sure but I'm not sure I'd want to do a 15 min track session.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
This makes me glad I'm 5'-8"!
Hell Im 5'8 on a good day and still deal with this issue. Mostly because as you shorten the leg length of the driver the whole seat moves forward, this then takes you out of the middle of the arch of roofline that would best fit a noggin with a helmet.

Reclining farther is only option.

But hey at least that forces your center of gravity lower!!! lol

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I saw this post and had to respond. I am 6' 9" and I fit in MY 2020 Si better than I did in my previous car which was a Hyundai Tucson. Yea I have the seat height all the way down and also pushed all the way back but I can almost stretch my legs out fully and plenty of room to clutch and work the throttle and break. As far as banging my head its a low car be careful.

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I need to revive this thread! I am 6'2" and I want to eventually road course and Auto X but I will need helmet space.

Has anyone past or present discovered a logical way to make this work? Did anyone ever find a lowering seat bracket?

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I am sort of inclined to go with an aftermarket "race" seat as they require a seat frame that could be messed with to lower it.

I don't see any other real options short of reclining the stock seat. Thats just nuts.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
if the car didnt come with the sun roof, i feel like we woulda had another 2 inches of head space. I’m 5’11” and my head will brush the headliner with a hat on.

keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si coupe, 2021 SGP Type R
if the car didnt come with the sun roof, i feel like we woulda had another 2 inches of head space. I’m 5’11” and my head will brush the headliner with a hat on.
I'm 186cm (6'1'') and I struggle to use a helmet in the Si. Once the top of the helmet goes into the sunroof depression in the headliner, my head stays stuck there and it takes a while to realize my head is tilted. In the Type R OTOH I have plenty of head space.

I guess an aftermarket bucket seat is the best way out.

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm 186cm (6'1'') and I struggle to use a helmet in the Si. Once the top of the helmet goes into the sunroof depression in the headliner, my head stays stuck there and it takes a while to realize my head is tilted. In the Type R OTOH I have plenty of head space.

I guess an aftermarket bucket seat is the best way out.
So you’re saying that in a Type R, you fit with a helmet with no issue?
Sponsored