185sav

First Name
Saverio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I drive a 2017 Civic si coupe with 19k miles and recently I’ve noticed a clinking or like tapping noise coming from the driver side of the car. It’s not crazy loud but it’s definitely noticeable as a noise the car shouldn’t be making. The car is still under warranty so I booked an appointment at my Honda dealer but has anyone had this problem and found a solution? I don’t want the Honda service to just re-torque a few bolts and give the car back to me so I’m hoping I can give them an idea of where the sound is exactly coming from. Thanks for any help!
Sponsored

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
probably swaybar linkage.

Also, the top hat of strut can be bad

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
It's probably the brake pad and brake rotor making noise. it's a common issue that Honda tries to deny. Drive over a series of small bumps repeatedly and see if the noise goes away when you're breaking lightly.

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Bump…this is the sound I’ve been hearing and had the dealership check it out twice with no outcome. Has this issue been found and resolved yet?
No resolution. The dealer wanted to continue working on it but Honda refused to cover any more warranty payments on the work. So I just decided to live with it.

Fc1_dave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
No resolution. The dealer wanted to continue working on it but Honda refused to cover any more warranty payments on the work. So I just decided to live with it.
That’s unfortunate, I’ll end up working on it myself when I get a chance and report back if anything. It might just be a hit or miss issue with the way these calipers were designed.
Sponsored