sennansx91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
New user but long time lurker, but anyway...

I've heard news from friends that they are taking pre orders for the Type R now... And since the Type R is past concept this is believable...

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBR600RR
The Si will definitely come before the Type R. If this news is right, the Si will be available as early as March of next year.

As for the Type R, it's only been spotted in hatchback form so it might only come as a hatchback. And hatchbacks aren't expected to be available until 2017 so we won't see a Type R until 2017 sometime.

Ten10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Accord

I've heard news from friends that they are taking pre orders for the Type R now... And since the Type R is past concept this is believable...

Thoughts?
Are your friends in the US? They may be talking about the current 2015 Type R that is available now. Definitely no pre orders on the next generation one that is no where close to being sold yet.

LBB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z

Thoughts?
Actually there's been no concept Type R for the next generation, at least not yet. Don't know if there'll be one or not like for the coupe.

Dealers can take "pre-orders" for anything theoretically by just taking a deposit on a future yet confirmed or announced car.

alphaghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Is300-daily 1993 prelude vtec-my baby
Yeah, I've called a couple dealerships here in Illinois and they are not taking pre orders now. SI looks to be available shortly after coupe launches in March.