Si brakes on FK7 vs stock with upgraded pads

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Would it be worth it to swap Si calipers onto a sport hatch, or am I better off getting high end brake pads for the stock setup? I could get a set of used Si front calipers, with the lines for $130. Which would be a better bang for my $$$?
Sponsored

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In my sport, i swapped the front and rear brakes for complete si brakes. thats calipers, oem rotors (resurfaced), oem pads (new), and rotor shields (I had to remove the front hubs and install new wheel bearings, also cut the rear shields to clear the rear hubs so I didn't have to remove them). also added ss brake lines. overall impression is great, less brake fade the longer you're on the brakes, more stopping power, rotors are larger in diameter. If I wanted to double up I can still upgrade the pads to high end racing pads etc.

OP
OP
Augenauf

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Sounds good. Are the front shields 100% a must have or could I get away with the FK7 ones? Don't really wanna have to deal with replacing the bearings too.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You may be able to bend them back away from the rotor. Me as a tech I didn’t want to half ass it… except the rear lol, I knew getting the rear bearings off would be a pain.
Sponsored