First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
First off, I'm not going back to stock. The adaptor makes it possible to use any Raceseng Shift knob. Don't worry too much about the weight. The first time you start using it you'll immediately notice the difference. It's all muscle memory. Once you get used to the weight after driving for a month or so, you'll understand why you won't go back to some plastic feeling ball. Honda's new shift knob for 2020 is basically a teardrop that you can also get from Raceseng.

Seriously, Honda is just taking notes. They probably photograph our cars secretly every time we go in for a service check.

I did not use any locktite at all. I absolutely hate locktite. I deal with it on RC cars, pinions and spurs. Don't use red locktite whatever you do. You would need a small handheld blowtorch to heat the locktite up and remove it.

I have big hands btw ( Ladies love it ) so a Slammer is not a problem for me. Raceseng Shift Knobs are the very best. I've never seen such craftsmanship from an American company. I get it though. Your shift-knob is your connection to your car. This is clearly the most important mod on your car.

P.S: Blue-locktite is just fine. I use it on lightweight drones. It's easy to heat and clean out when you need a new adaptor
Thanks for all the info! I guess my only concern is that if I ever want to sell the car, it might be a hassle to remove the adapter if I used blue Loctite to secure it. Correct me if I am wrong, but you would probably recommend that I do not use any loctite on the adapter? Because in some other threads I have seen some people who don't use loctite get their adapters stuck to their knobs when they try to unscrew their knobs.
Sponsored

SpinRush

First Name
Big Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 ( Waiting )
Country flag
Thanks for all the info! I guess my only concern is that if I ever want to sell the car, it might be a hassle to remove the adapter if I used blue Loctite to secure it. Correct me if I am wrong, but you would probably recommend that I do not use any loctite on the adapter? Because in some other threads I have seen some people who don't use loctite get their adapters stuck to their knobs when they try to unscrew their knobs.
You don’t need to worry about the next person who will buy your car. What we do, customizing our cars, iS for us. Especially this car. People dream of owning a car like this. I know I did. Enjoy this time in your life and build your Type R or Civic as you want to enjoy it. Someday, when you get to that bridge and decide to let it go, deal with those things then. The next buyer, will probably not care what you did to you car. He’ll just be glad to buy such a car.

Use the blue locktite as suggested. Just don’t overdo it by lining every single thread. You’ll only need about 50% of the thread.

Reactions: JD9

SiGeddy

First Name
Geddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I had a skunk 2 for years on my 2005 civic and loved it. I put it on my 2017 civic si and didn't feel any difference apart from my oem. I was so disappointed. Every time i burn my hand it just reminds me to replace it lol.
I loved it when I first installed it on my car and for me was so much better over the stock knob.

Over time the weight of the knob made shifting feel like a chore.

The stage 1 upgrade and lighter knob made rowing through the gears a lot more fun.

Memnoch

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Need better pics but here is the 2020 Type-R shift knob, acuity shift collar, and MD interiors alcantara perforated black and red backing shift boot in my 2019 Si.

Honda Civic 10th gen Show me your aftermarket shift knob 20200612_110627

finnaryan13

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I bought a black Esco knob fro Acuity, but I didn't like it. I bought a Poco knob from them and have no need for my Esco knob. Anyone interested in buying it 30% off?

deep-typer

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
It is the Raceseng Circuit Cylinder 100. It is made of delrin over a stainless steel core. A bit pricey but I really didn't want to deal with any temperature issues.
It's much taller than stock. Do you feel that throws are much longer now?