Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like the way this looks!

What are the biggest benefits you feel about the light weighted vs weighted?
Pretty much what @tinyman392 said haha i couldn't have said better. You cant go wrong with either choice. If your worried about smoothness, it can be achieved with acuity center spring and shifter bushings. Iv even read on this forum switching to Amsoil MT fluid helps a lot (havent tried it tho). I feel its car dependent as well. I had a Z and that 3.5L felt more robust, so the weighted shift knob felt needed with the shorter throws. We also had pop out issues with my Z too. One thing i will say... the material (Polyoxymethylene) feels amazing! That may be why i like it so much lol Also no burning your hands in the summer haha
Sponsored

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Reactions: mjh

ShadowFiend

SanaBanana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I want to post here but I can't even remove the stock one. I'm scared I might break the shift boot LOL

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I want to post here but I can't even remove the stock one. I'm scared I might break the shift boot LOL
Do you have a wrench? (I think it needs to be 12mm)

You just pull the boot down. Yeah, if it's not coming off it might feel like you're going to "break it," but it's supposed to be firm and snappy like that. You'll be good.

Because I now have a Raceseng shift knob and Acuity short shifter, they don't really belong together so mine is really weird now with rubberbands on the inside and all this stuff. It's very low-jack, but from the outside it looks dandy.

r_rated_ctr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Channel lock and a microfiber towel did the trick for me. Wrap the towel around the shifter and have the channel lock grab around the front and back (at least that's where the push pins were for mine), put just a little clamping pressure on it, and push down at the same time.

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Got this from Mita Japan

Zanardi Burnt Titanium Polished

Honda Civic 10th gen Show me your aftermarket shift knob 20200121_142525[829]

Mestiso863

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Show me your aftermarket shift knob 20200412_150149
Honda Civic 10th gen Show me your aftermarket shift knob 20200412_153109
Honda Civic 10th gen Show me your aftermarket shift knob 20200412_182521

Attatched video:

Unfortunately I haven't had time to finish up the trim and put it all back together.
More pictures to follow when finished.
But I wanna give a shout out to @xRiCeBoYx for the AT-MT shift knob adapter. If you're tired of the same ol' AT shift knobs being offered hit up @xRiCeBoYx and upgrade to a Raceseng shift knob
Raceseng shift knob: https://www.raceseng.com/ashiko-texture-gate-3-m10x1-5mm-shifter-arm#
AT-MT shift knob adapter by : @xRiCeBoYx comes complete w/full color instructions.