Show me your aftermarket shift knob

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
@5inn Did you go with the Acuity Shift Boot Collar Upgrade as well? If not then how is the fit of the boot with the stock Si collar?

With summer fast approaching, I have already had to be careful not to burn my hand when I grab the OEM Si shift knob after the car has been sitting in the sun all day. Have to go with that 2 finger wrapped around the leather approach.

Really wish Acuity would make this knob in black though...
@JO3L

Here's an image
Honda Civic 10th gen Show me your aftermarket shift knob hn4DqKMcCTo5zuMzJV7ei1Zi4qeyVQ9VPy1ixgutq9h5jHb_cIY8M9_pzBNY_6Ksyw-_TLS8qdpdKUk5AYg1az956A=w2400
Sponsored

Little Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did it myself. I boiled it in water with liquid Rit dye from Walmart for about 15 minutes. Afterwards I learned that boiling may weaken the security of the metal insert that was pressed in and if the dye did not penetrate deep enough it may wear off over time. It seems fine for now, but time will tell how it holds up. I am optimistic though.
How is the Red dye holding up?

LsdBurnout22

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
The slammer mounts like 10 times lower than the stock knob. I just kept adjusting adapter untill the boot retainer untill was is lowest possible setting. When I found the point where the boot was at it's lowest possible setting and the knob was touching with the shift pattern straight I put loctite on everything.
I found that if you mount the slammer as low as possible you can't get any leverage when shifting. When adjusted to the knob touching the acuity boot retainer, it is still much lower than stock.
Here's another pic just darker light. Honda Civic 10th gen Show me your aftermarket shift knob IMG_20180420_164748

l15b7allturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
The slammer mounts like 10 times lower than the stock knob. I just kept adjusting adapter untill the boot retainer untill was is lowest possible setting. When I found the point where the boot was at it's lowest possible setting and the knob was touching with the shift pattern straight I put loctite on everything.
I found that if you mount the slammer as low as possible you can't get any leverage when shifting. When adjusted to the knob touching the acuity boot retainer, it is still much lower than stock.
Here's another pic just darker light. IMG_20180420_164748.jpg
Makes sense.. I might raise my raceseng in the future. I'm tired of taking apart the center console

LsdBurnout22

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Makes sense.. I might raise my raceseng in the future. I'm tired of taking apart the center console
I completely understand! Taking apart the top part of the counsel isn't as bad as removing the entire counsel for the base bushings and centering spring though.

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan(traded), 2011 Acura MDX Adv, 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec(traded), 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Raceseng Rondue with texture. Loving it so far, has nearly eliminated all notchiness I have been experiencing. I feel it is a little heavy for my shift spring. I do intend to pick up the Acuity bushings and spring next.

Honda Civic 10th gen Show me your aftermarket shift knob 6IPVduI
Honda Civic 10th gen Show me your aftermarket shift knob AvF3KL
Honda Civic 10th gen Show me your aftermarket shift knob cOku7NQ

Reactions: MGZ