Show me your aftermarket shift knob

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe ABM, 2016 Civic Touring CBP
Country flag
I'm going to look into a Raceseng knob. Ran one on my mustang and loved it. Going to have a delrin outside shell with a translucent red core with the shift pattern engraved. Should look awesome and they best part it wont get hot or cold like the stock knob does because of the delrin. you can pretty much customize any of there shift knobs any way you want which is cool. A little pricey since they are custom made but worth it to me.
Yes dude their knobs are sick! I was thinking of the Translucent Red slammer, but I already have the type R knob installed. The thing with them is you have to zip tie the boot which sucks, with my type r knob it just snapped back on like factory. Biggest difference is the type r knob is like 140 grams whereas the Slammer is 600 something, would be a huge improvement...
Sponsored

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag

Si_steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yes dude their knobs are sick! I was thinking of the Translucent Red slammer, but I already have the type R knob installed. The thing with them is you have to zip tie the boot which sucks, with my type r knob it just snapped back on like factory. Biggest difference is the type r knob is like 140 grams whereas the Slammer is 600 something, would be a huge improvement...
Yea I cant stand the heat from the Si knob and I figure the Type R would be the same or worse. So Raceseng it is. Ordered last night.

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe ABM, 2016 Civic Touring CBP
Country flag
Yea I cant stand the heat from the Si knob and I figure the Type R would be the same or worse. So Raceseng it is. Ordered last night.
Pics of course! I may jump to this after seeing yours installed.

DevilDogDoc

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Si Aegean Blue
Country flag
I'll take that Si knob off your hands if you have no use for it

mp2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 NSX, 2017 SI sedan
I would think the Type R's would be worse than the Si's since it's all-metal - at least the Si's has a leather band that you can grab using only your fingers until the metal cools off.
This is all that has to be done to avoid the heat

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
^^ yup; that's what I've been doing for 13 years on the TSX, whose knob looks ridiculously similar to the Si's, BTW:

Honda Civic 10th gen Show me your aftermarket shift knob upload_2017-8-11_17-20-16

The only thing about that is, you need to avoid your palm touching the top... :)

P.S. I really like the existing shifter/knob.

Last edited:

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Don't worry guys I'm getting the shift knob covers ready right now. Basically I will be making them in colors of the actual cars with red accents.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Don't worry guys I'm getting the shift knob covers ready right now. Basically I will be making them in colors of the actual cars with red accents.
I was wondering if you were still going to do this or if you had lost interest. :)

Just a few more weeks and the hole in my hand should be completely burned through... THEN I'm really going to have a problem shifting. ;)

Last edited:

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I was wondering if you were still going to do this or if you had lost interest. :)

Just a few more weeks and the hole in my hand should be completely burned through... THEN I'm really going to have a problem shifting. ;)
Wait lol that picture was real?? I thought you photoshopped that omg...

wopsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
SI knob is almost double the price of a Type R knob! My type r knob came in and installed yesterday. It for sure feels different. You can feel the vibration and the gear shifting more, but it misses the luxury of the SI knob. Both are great, but I'll stick with the type r just because the red stitching of the SI knob has come more dirty and worn. Shifting with a leather knob for a few years can make the leather become icky. Type-r knob for the win!
Sponsored