Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
So I have a 2019 black type r with just under 7k on it.My payment is 534 per month and I got it for msrp with 6k down.I love the boost blue but I probably would lose my shirt now that I don't want to put money down but can get it for msrp.Should I do it?
Sponsored

Patriots1959

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Unless the 2021 has features you NEED why bother? Probably the most noticeable change is the leather to alcantara steering wheel (something I personally don't like) and the infotainment/driving assist "improvements".

OP
OP

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
I figured why pay 10k more in car payments starting over for just a paint job

JDMFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CBP FK8 CTR
Country flag
No, honestly I feel like it'd be a better use of your money if you threw your money at a Miata or something instead. Don't think it's worth the premium unless you hate CBP that much, in which case I question why you got the car in the first place.

StanMan

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
That's a definite no. It's the same car. If you had a regular Civic or Si then sure but going from R to R of the same gen? Big waste of money. Think of it this way- waiting now will mean you can get the next Gen Type R of any color of your choice sooner.

OP
OP

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
That's a definite no. It's the same car. If you had a regular Civic or Si then sure but going from R to R of the same gen? Big waste of money. Think of it this way- waiting now will mean you can get the next Gen Type R of any color of your choice sooner.
Facts didn't even think about that

OP
OP

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
No, honestly I feel like it'd be a better use of your money if you threw your money at a Miata or something instead. Don't think it's worth the premium unless you hate CBP that much, in which case I question why you got the car in the first place.
I love black but it shows every imperfection

Rayzorman1

I bleed Honda red.......
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Touring Hatchback, 2019 Type R. 2021 CRV Black Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You are right mano, you will lose your shirt and then some. Maybe if you had a lot of miles on your car, but yours is essentially brand new still. I would guess you are looking at a 10k walk minimum for minimal changes.

If you want blue that bad, take 3K of that 10K you were considering spending and wrap it in a particular blue NOBODY else will have.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Post your R for sale over at a higher price to make back some of the cost. If you get enough out of it (since the market is out there), then go for it. The better choice is to wrap your car of course. At 7k miles you're not super far from needing new tires and potentially brake pads so it isn't a total waste. You do also get some upgrades beyond just the styling. (upgraded dampers, brakes rotors, radiator, air flow aero, etc...)

OP
OP

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Post your R for sale over at a higher price to make back some of the cost. If you get enough out of it (since the market is out there), then go for it. The better choice is to wrap your car of course. At 7k miles you're not super far from needing new tires and potentially brake pads so it isn't a total waste. You do also get some upgrades beyond just the styling. (upgraded dampers, brakes rotors, radiator, air flow aero, etc...)

My summer tires only have 3-4k on them I have winter tires half the year being in ny