Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
So honda will sell me the boost blue for msrp and give me 33k for my 19 black.payments will stay the same but obviously starting over decision decision...
what JWolf said. Also that's a pretty good trade in value I think... $33k. What was the mileage again? You probably have some room to negotiate for an additional $1k if they easily gave that $33k number to you. Best of luck with w/e decision you make. It is ultimately yours. If you're worried about people in this forum backlashing, then maybe just don't post about it. I think you get a good consensus of what the users here thinks.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
what JWolf said. Also that's a pretty good trade in value I think... $33k. What was the mileage again? You probably have some room to negotiate for an additional $1k if they easily gave that $33k number to you. Best of luck with w/e decision you make. It is ultimately yours. If you're worried about people in this forum backlashing, then maybe just don't post about it. I think you get a good consensus of what the users here thinks.
I have 6,800 miles on my 2019

OP
OP

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
I owe 28k so I have 5 k to put down from equity so my payments remain the same

Hlee

First Name
Harry Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
So I have a 2019 black type r with just under 7k on it.My payment is 534 per month and I got it for msrp with 6k down.I love the boost blue but I probably would lose my shirt now that I don't want to put money down but can get it for msrp.Should I do it?
Sounds like you have a lot of disposable money. From one R to another R. I wish I could do that. To be honest I wouldn't get rid for the current R. Wait for the next gen R. The power on that will be 400hp. That's what I told.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
I mean the numbers work out for you if you are not willing to wait then go for it. honestly like the post above said...That next Gen Type R i heard might be a game changer. i would keep what i have and save for that but its your life.

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
End of the day it is your $$$ do whatever makes you happy!

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STI
Country flag
I bought a 2015 Mustang Ecoboost back when it first came out, tried like 3 different exhaust and then said F it and bought a GT 3 months later. YOLO

OP
OP

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
If I pull the trigger at least I got a boost blue for msrp most dealers want 5k adm.I put 500 down to hold it and just am waiting for the numbers to come back. Interest rate will be very important and payments need to stay around 550 ish with 5 k equity from my 2019.

GGinMP

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
I wouldn't think about it in terms of payments or time period, but rather what's the extra debt you'll take on? $7k? $10k? Is the "upgrade" worth that much to you?

A color you like more? I could see paying a grand, and others might pay $2k? Real knobs on the stereo? $500?

Go feature by feature and decide how much you value them and then add them up. I can't see it getting to $7k, but we all value things differently.

OP
OP

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Yes but if my interests rate can go from 5.3 to say 3 I wouldn't lose anything really

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
He is already talking himself into doing it guys.. He is and always wanted to do it. I bet his hands are shaking withe excitement when that dealer told him they could keep his payments the same. Dealers say that but them numbers change.....

I hope your deal works out for you let us know if you will join the boost blue family!!!

OP
OP

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
He is already talking himself into doing it guys.. He is and always wanted to do it. I bet his hands are shaking withe excitement when that dealer told him they could keep his payments the same. Dealers say that but them numbers change.....

I hope your deal works out for you let us know if you will join the boost blue family!!!
I know they're b.s me how can my payments not go up the 2021 is 2k more that's 40 per month already. Probably a 25 percent chance I pull the trigger it all hinges on my interest rates

GGinMP

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
I know they're b.s me how can my payments not go up the 2021 is 2k more that's 40 per month already. Probably a 25 percent chance I pull the trigger it all hinges on my interest rates
Also make sure that they don't just keep the payments the same, but extend it out more months. That's money out the door, and it's a classic "sleight of hand" trick dealers love to use. If the lower interest rates truly offset the price different between the new and trade-in, then payments would be the same as would be the end pay-off date.

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, Type R 2021
Country flag
So honda will sell me the boost blue for msrp and give me 33k for my 19 black.payments will stay the same but obviously starting over decision decision...
With the same financing duration? do your own calculation, how much have you paid off on the 2019? how many years will the new contract on the 2021 be? you might easily end up paying 10k extra at the end of the day to own a type R... does that make sense to you?

I would just spend 3k on a great wrap job. I mean, rock chips, dins and dents, wear and tear will still be there whether it's a black or boosted blue... it's all just perception. Why not wrap it and protect the paint, with the color you love and call it a day?

OP
OP

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Sold my black r so I'm in a good financial spot tomorrow I go to the dealership to pick up my 2021.Only issue is they have a white type r 2021 also ?
Sponsored