Should I trade my black 2019 type r for a 2021 boost blue

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Sold my black r so I'm in a good financial spot tomorrow I go to the dealership to pick up my 2021.Only issue is they have a white type r 2021 also ?
Hard to see you go backwards in payments, but then again hopefully the newer model will give you peace of mind and will address any of the hiccups (gear grind, lockouts, etc.) that the models prior to 2020 had.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Hard to see you go backwards in payments, but then again hopefully the newer model will give you peace of mind and will address any of the hiccups (gear grind, lockouts, etc.) that the models prior to 2020 had.
I'm only 1 year behind starting over could be worse I was honestly just over the maintaining of black it was always dirty,showing dings and imperfections. Now the question is do I buy the white or boost blue tomorrow ?

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm only 1 year behind starting over could be worse I was honestly just over the maintaining of black it was always dirty,showing dings and imperfections. Now the question is do I buy the white or boost blue tomorrow ?
Well, in my opinion, since you've given yourself a chance at a new start, I would probably go after something that will make your opportunity worthwhile. I would go for Boost Blue. First, sit down in a quiet place and visualize yourself driving around town. You'll get lots of head turns for sure and if you don't mind the attention then go for it.

Consider color of wheels and tires if you plan to upgrade to anything besides those horrendous 20s in the future. If you want to keep that subtle look, Championship White maybe the way to go, even though to me it looks pretty plain and boring. Some guy down the street from my house owns a white one and it just looks so plain-Jane, oem stock and lost it's wow factor- mainly because it appears he doesn't take care of it. I have Sonic Grey Pearl which is an in-betweener and I'm happy with my purchase. I invested in ceramic 9H coating and even though it's covered with dust and yellow powder from the nasty pine tree in my yard, once you wash it off, the paint looks like new all over again.

Your decision will be based on what future plans you have for the car. I would see it that way if that helps.

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I don't care much for boost blue. But boost blue with bronze, gold, or white wheels is super hot.

SonicBreezerST160

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Gray Pearl ST Hatchback
Country flag
Well, in my opinion, since you've given yourself a chance at a new start, I would probably go after something that will make your opportunity worthwhile. I would go for Boost Blue. First, sit down in a quiet place and visualize yourself driving around town. You'll get lots of head turns for sure and if you don't mind the attention then go for it.

Consider color of wheels and tires if you plan to upgrade to anything besides those horrendous 20s in the future. If you want to keep that subtle look, Championship White maybe the way to go, even though to me it looks pretty plain and boring. Some guy down the street from my house owns a white one and it just looks so plain-Jane, oem stock and lost it's wow factor- mainly because it appears he doesn't take care of it. I have Sonic Grey Pearl which is an in-betweener and I'm happy with my purchase. I invested in ceramic 9H coating and even though it's covered with dust and yellow powder from the nasty pine tree in my yard, once you wash it off, the paint looks like new all over again.

Your decision will be based on what future plans you have for the car. I would see it that way if that helps.
Yep, white is soooo boring, can never look good.?
Honda Civic 10th gen Should I trade my  black 2019 type r for a 2021 boost blue IMG_20210726_193804278_HDR
Honda Civic 10th gen Should I trade my  black 2019 type r for a 2021 boost blue IMG_20210807_074843048_HDR

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yep, white is soooo boring, can never look good.?
IMG_20210726_193804278_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210807_074843048_HDR.jpg
A little late to the party? You made your CW look good I can give you credit for that. If you compare the way you modified your car with the stock car I was referring to down the street from my place, you clearly win. My opinion was based on keeping it plain stock CW. Obviously yours is no longer stock so you made yours look better and now I can see it from a whole different perspective.

Adding back the black/red colors around the car (especially on the center caps) and also the tires really makes your CW pop. Very unique style and good choice on the wheels- very nice indeed!!

Last edited: