Should I trade my '13 Corvette Grand Sport for a CTR?

Would you trade?

• Yes

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 80.0%

• Total voters

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been wanting another vette since I sold my 07 Z06 but my wife said noooooooo.
LOL, I guess we see who wears the pants here.
Sponsored

OP
OP

mjonesjr8

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Corvette Grand Sport
Country flag
Dude are you outta your mind??? I could have picked up a nice red 2014 stingray, I've been wanting another vette since I sold my 07 Z06 but my wife said noooooooo. So I asked her if I could get a civic and boom I got the R...... now she's pissed at the civic.... go figure. Keep the vette.
Ha good to know thanks man

OP
OP

mjonesjr8

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Corvette Grand Sport
Country flag
Is this a troll to see how many homers choose the civic? If you trade that car for anything fwd you're an idiot
ha no troll, just wanted to make sure I had my head screwed on straight.

uncleben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CW CTR, 06 GPW S2000, 00 FPB Integra Type R, 10 BMW 535i M-sport
What are your goals/desires for a sports car? Obviously these are complete opposite ends of the spectrum in design, style, layout and power delivery, to mention a few. That being said, they will both put a smile on your face.

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
I'm
I bought it in March of 2016 only had 4k miles then now just turned 31k miles, it has the 3lt package and it's in excellent condition. I bought an extended warranty that goes to 75k miles. My plan was to drive it till April of 2018 when my daughter gets out of nursing school and then get the C7 Grand Sport but, i am really liking what I see in the new Type R's . I'm sure I do much better selling it than trading it to a dealer, so I might go that route 1st if I decide to pursue the CTR. My other option is to just wait it out till new April and keep it and get the CTR then maybe they will be easier to find. I'm probably the oldest person here looking for a CTR lol I don't car though I love cars.
I'm and old guy, 62, and we like to have fun too. I'll be enjoying my new CTR as of Thursday.

Perrin67_97

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I've thought a lot about your quest and can't say I'd recommend it.

The Corvette has much more power, is an actual sports car, is already past the worst of it's depreciation, and is more prestigious than most anything with a Honda badge on it. I think the CTR is a great car and "the heart wants what the heart wants" but in my opinion the pros do not outweigh the cons.
Only the corvette z06 from 2010 is the other vehicle under 100k that posted a faster lap time at nurburgring then our awesome CTR. I know straight line take off and all that of course is faster then our Gundam CTR. But that's what makes the Type R special. It's so effing fun to drive everyday! Just my 2 cents.. haha