Should I trade in CVT Civic EX 2016 2.0L for Acura RSX Type-S 2006?

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
I am looking for a fun side car too. I've already did the whole front wheel drive thing, had a 9th gen si and an '00 integra gsr. But now, I keep coming back to the 370z.
Sponsored

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
$16,300 is absolutely ridiculous. I didn't even pay that much for my '03 RSX back in '08.
It wasn't rare back in '08. There are people that are willing to pay for rarity.

Having said that, I wouldn't. I think you can get a newer, better car for that money.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Reactions: GJR
OP
OP

GJR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX 2.0L CVT
Country flag
Last edited:

iron_mando13

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"19 CTR
Country flag
A 2013 2 door Si is basically an RSX with a trunk instead of a hatch. They have a very similar profile. I bet you could get an even better deal on one of those.

OP
OP

GJR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am looking for a fun side car too. I've already did the whole front wheel drive thing, had a 9th gen si and an '00 integra gsr. But now, I keep coming back to the 370z.

Yeah I was actually looking at 350z - 370z as well. Nice cars with a lot of power!

OP
OP

GJR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A 2013 2 door Si is basically an RSX with a trunk instead of a hatch. They have a very similar profile. I bet you could get an even better deal on one of those.
One of the things I really like about the rsx is the hatch too though lol but I also like the coupe si if I can find a good deal on one id probably go for it.

OP
OP

GJR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's 4 years older and is not a clean title.
Yeah I checked the carfax and the airbag deployed. Car was towed. Damage was on rear right side. Says hit parked vehicle/curb/pole etc. This was on 05/27/2003 in New Jersey.

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo 156, Honda Civic (1.5t hatchback)
Country flag
I have learned the hard way, but keeping and maintaining an old car can be more trouble than it is worth. And this RSX is 14 years old already. So unless you want to start replacing parts only to find another one that needs replacing soon after, then my advice is no.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I have learned the hard way, but keeping and maintaining an old car can be more trouble than it is worth. And this RSX is 14 years old already. So unless you want to start replacing parts only to find another one that needs replacing soon after, then my advice is no.
Definitely. If the OP has money to blow and wants it as his secondary fun ride, sure, go for it. Otherwise as a daily driver, it makes no sense to buy that car.

As a daily driver the 10th gen can't be beat. With a tune and a couple handling mods you get performance, comfort and economy.

Last edited:
Reactions: GJR

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I called Scotty Kilmer for advice about this Acura.

Scotty and me, we now both live here in Tennessee. Tennessee sounds good to me. And Scotty. :headbang:

Scotty said: no 14 year old cars for 16 k$, unless it's a Lexus and you can get it for $3500. That's what he paid for his wife's Lexus, and that Lexus was a better car. Not a collector's item though. For collectibles, I would look into investing in Beanie Babies.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
I currently have a 2017 Nismo Z - love the car for what it is. The transmission is notchy but in a good way but the clutch is annoying - makes seasoned manual drivers feel like they can't drive stick but you do get used to it and there are aftermarket options to make the clutch pedal travel feel much smoother. It's a balanced car - it's not a stop light monster and Nissan has already gotten A LOT out of the engine to begin with - so $ for mod can be expensive - but from what I understand, with intake, HFC and exhaust and a tune - you can get around 330WHP.
To me it's one of the best balanced cars out there - won't be beating mustangs and camaros but this car has a really nice look (especially the Nismos) and the steering and fun factor always puts a smile on my face. Good luck if you decide to get one - the forum 'the370z.com' is a great place for a wealth of information.
Sponsored