Should I sale my CTR? Honest opinions welcome...

itsallk

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic type r
Country flag
try a soft sale put it on the market and see what people are willing to offer. If it is more then you owe I would sell and make some money at the same time.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
These posts really irritate me. Who here cares if you sell your car or not. You trying to work people up or something? Don't ask a bunch of strangers if you should sell your car or not. Why do I give a flying f*%& what you do with your car?

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
These posts really irritate me. Who here cares if you sell your car or not. You trying to work people up or something? Don't ask a bunch of strangers if you should sell your car or not. Why do I give a flying f*%& what you do with your car?
Well he didn’t ask you specifically and you didn’t have to go out of your way to read the thread or post in it.

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
I don't mean to be rude, but wussup w/ these posts? lol Why did you buy it in the 1st place? do you like taking out a large loan to test drive or what? :dunno:

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
I don't mean to be rude, but wussup w/ these posts? lol Why did you buy it in the 1st place? do you like taking out a large loan to test drive or what? :dunno:
It’s pretty normal for people to get buyers remorse. Even if the car lives up to expectations once the newness wears off, day to day life becomes forefront again. It’s why there’s always plenty of one year old or less cars for sale.

jefxfree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, EK hatch
Country flag
I'd like to be debt free before I retire. However, I know I'll always have debt in some manner. Just not curious if I want to keep this car debt or not. I believe it's an investment for the future though as well. Sooooo. Decisions decisions. lol.
I wouldn't count on selling the car for a ton of money in the future. Especially if/when more waives are released. There are MUCH better things to invest in if you're just looking to hold something until it's valuable.

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s pretty normal for people to get buyers remorse. Even if the car lives up to expectations once the newness wears off, day to day life becomes forefront again. It’s why there’s always plenty of one year old or less cars for sale.
exactly why i lease ;)

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
I guess I'm not understanding the reason as to why you purchased the car in the first place seeing that you knew ahead of time about your retirement and you sure as hell know you don't want any debts. Was this an impulse buy and that you got bit by the hype?

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just to be frank here. If you have to debate about it, you will just come to regret it more later.

Type-R is a great car, but if you don't track or drive too hard with it.. it is just a very uncomfortable, loud car.
It's not loud at all.

CSIG1001

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 V6 6 SPEED COUPE ACCORD
people who bought the 17 and 18 models will be able to drive it for practically free, when they go to resell in early 2019
lol

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
By "sale", you mean "buy", no?

How can anyone give you a meaningful answer without knowing your financial situation? If you have no savings or pension (and will rely on social security) like many Americans, that's one thing. If you have $3 million in your 401(k) and Roth accounts, or have a generous pension from GE, that's quite different. Just sayin'

leehom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, back at it again
Country flag
people who bought the 17 and 18 models will be able to drive it for practically free, when they go to resell in early 2019
lol
You're saying they will be able to sell their cars at msrp or above in a year or two? What is your reasoning behind this?

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
lol
Stop lying man, depreciation. This isn't a classic. Yes they're scarce, but c'mon man lol
Sponsored