CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
I'm in Philly. Don't bother with winter tires or changing anything unless your car came with summer tires for some reason.
This thread is in the Type R sub forum so discussion is concerning the high performance summer tires it comes with.
Sponsored

PMMonly4HATCH

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald Frump
Threads
Reaction score
Only bad people (Not Cars) come to America
Vehicle(s)
'17 HATCH ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This thread is in the Type R sub forum so discussion is concerning the high performance summer tires it comes with.
My Hatch (same body style as the R) came with All-season Grand Touring tires and are Made in Korea tires. Our winters have seen temperatures below 65 but above freezing (not even close) and I have somehow managed to use them year around and dealt with the loss of traction. Is this special?

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
My Hatch (same body style as the R) came with All-season Grand Touring tires and are Made in Korea tires. Our winters have seen temperatures below 65 but above freezing (not even close) and I have somehow managed to use them year around and dealt with the loss of traction. Is this special?
You have no issue but I did have to switch to all season tires for my Type R.

Hal

EricDET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
I'm in Philly. Don't bother with winter tires or changing anything unless your car came with summer tires for some reason. I received my car in Nov. 2016, bought winter tire + wheel package with balancing and changed to the winters in December.
There just isn't enough winter left to warrant. I saw the temps are going to be in the 70's next week for two days. I am going to swap back to the stock wheels + tires ahead of that. I have tires with a tread warranty, but still hold off on putting the winter set until the weather is consistently below 40f. Winter tires generally increase dry stopping distance vs all seasons above very low temps. I do not drive with the winter tires on above 60f.
If you have the Conti Pro's you will be fine. Practice good judgement, regardless of what's in contact with the road, all the time. Save up, and put some miles on the car. If you make the leap for a separate set, I recommend 15" wheels with an equivalent diameter tire setup. I plan on replacing the all season tires on my stock rims with summer tires as they wear/age. At least 3 months of the year the wear is on my winter set.
You realize you're in the Type R section right? We all have UHP Summer tires.
Sponsored