Should I get the PRL cobra CAI first or the ktuner ?

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
Ok so I’m new to
Tuning and CAI’s. But I’m wondering if I should get ktuner first or the CAI. NK tuner if I don’t have the cold air intake and then I get it another time like later in the future do I just reflash it and select an option to add the PRL cold air intake or you can install the intake when the tuner is already installed? So my question is which one should I get first. I just wanna know if I get the intake first or the K tuner is there a certain order you have to go in or I can just get either of them and then add the second one whenever I want. Thx
Sponsored

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
Ok so I’m new to
Tuning and CAI’s. But I’m wondering if I should get ktuner first or the CAI. NK tuner if I don’t have the cold air intake and then I get it another time like later in the future do I just reflash it and select an option to add the PRL cold air intake or you can install the intake when the tuner is already installed? So my question is which one should I get first. I just wanna know if I get the intake first or the K tuner is there a certain order you have to go in or I can just get either of them and then add the second one whenever I want. Thx
Sorry my English sounded so dumb I was using voice talk Bc I was doing something lol. My bad guys

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
if you don’t understand my question I can re-explain if you want

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Get the tuning device first. It’s easier to just upload a basemap once you get your CAI installed later.

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
Get the tuning device first. It’s easier to just upload a basemap once you get your CAI installed later.
Ok do you recommend any good tunes ? Should I go to stage 2 first or stage 1. Tbh I just want more power. If I jump to stage 2 right away will it affect my car in a bad way? Sorry idk these things ?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
TSP stage 1 or Phearable 1.5 are both popular aftermarket OTS tunes, but plenty of people are fine with the starter tunes supplied by the device makers (Ktuner, Hondata)

TSP stage 2 is for ethanol blending

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
TSP stage 1 or Phearable 1.5 are both popular aftermarket OTS tunes, but plenty of people are fine with the starter tunes supplied by the device makers (Ktuner, Hondata)

TSP stage 2 is for ethanol blending
Ohhh ok. So stage 1 should be good enough right ?

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Ok do you recommend any good tunes ? Should I go to stage 2 first or stage 1. Tbh I just want more power. If I jump to stage 2 right away will it affect my car in a bad way? Sorry idk these things ?
You can’t use TSP stage 2 unless you have a flex fuel

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
If you get the regular street MAF option for the Cobra, you don't need a tune, so you can add it later and not need to reflash anything. The race MAF option requires a tune (there's an option in Ktuner for it).

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
If you get the regular street MAF option for the Cobra, you don't need a tune, so you can add it later and not need to reflash anything. The race MAF option requires a tune (there's an option in Ktuner for it).
Wait so if I’m getting the street maf, I don’t need to buy a tune from a third party ? Ktuner will add power just like that ?

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tuner first for sure unless you want that WHIIISHHHHHH noise more than you want to scoot scoot! I knew it was going to be a difference tuning, but even the lightest tune from ktuner made the car feel like a race car.

I run ktuner 21 dual setup and its amazing - I don't use the eco though I just keep it on the 21psi map.

If you are one of the people worried about anything run the 18psi map and you shouldn't have anything to worry about unless you beat on the car. Stock produces like 16psi.
Sponsored