SennaSempre

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic si
Country flag
I spent 5k on upgrades with a focus on canyon carving and at least 4 trackdays a year. The last mods I did were intake and ktuner.

I agree with this post. Wheels and tires and swift springs will set you up to do some damage. With that sad however you’ll need around 2k for those. Op where are you located Los Angeles or Louisiana?
I live in Los Angeles. I am going to upgrade tires eventually but want to wait till I wear them out a bit cause I barely have done 5k miles to the car. But I am leaning on buying a set of bc racing coils cause they have a softer spring rate and the canyons that i have aren't really technical. So I'm tuning it to have more of a mid corner grip setup.
Sponsored

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
Tires and pads.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Ya I want to let the stock tires wear out a little longer. But difenitly going to get a set of tires.
I'm in the same boat; it would feel like I was literally throwing away ~$600 replacing nearly new tires. But at my current rate it'll be 3+ years before I wear out the stock tires, and I want more grip now :mad:

OP
OP
SennaSempre

SennaSempre

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic si
Country flag
Tein Flex Z coils come with the ADS canceller included all for about $1100. Little stiff, though, at about 6k front and back.
I'll look into them. I don't really know all that much on how the car is going to handle with stiffer or softer spring rates because I haven't driven a car with sets of coilovers before. This would be my first buying something like this and learning how to tune the cars. Rn I'm assuming that it might like a softer setup but don't really know. If someone who has experience with tuning cars would help. It would be greatly appreciated.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'll look into them. I don't really know all that much on how the car is going to handle with stiffer or softer spring rates because I haven't driven a car with sets of coilovers before. This would be my first buying something like this and learning how to tune the cars. Rn I'm assuming that it might like a softer setup but don't really know. If someone who has experience with tuning cars would help. It would be greatly appreciated.
I can't comment with suspension mods on this car, but I've had mods in all my other cars.

Tein makes a pretty good kit. Had Tein Street Advance Z coilovers in my last car, a 2005 Acura TL 6mt, and the car drove like a dream. The spring rate was 12k front and 6k rear, but the car was also like 500-600 lbs heavier than the Si. The kit also didn't come with upper mounts, so I bought TL-S mounts, which was why it rode close to factory. The Tein Flex Z kit comes with pillowball upper mounts, so the kit will handle better than stock, but you'll prob get a bit more NVH. It does have adjustable dampening, though.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm in the same boat; it would feel like I was literally throwing away ~$600 replacing nearly new tires. But at my current rate it'll be 3+ years before I wear out the stock tires, and I want more grip now :mad:
I’ve bought and sold used tires before. Tell them to not charge you a disposal fee... take them home and put them on Craigslist. There’s a huge market for used tires. Take a picture of each showing the fact they still 7/32s or so left each. Someone will pay a couple hundred bucks for them I’d bet. Might take a little while to get a buyer in our size but just hang onto them awhile. There’s also (where I live) places that sell used tires. You won’t get much for them; but they’d probably buy a whole set of lightly used rubber so you don’t have to hold them.

I live in a poorer area so the used tire market it huge. I’ve bought rims with tires mounted that were good for the winter when I bought my RSX and it had summer tires. Hell... I’d jump on a set of used all terrains for my old F-150. I’ve only put 2000 miles on it in the last ~2 years... so buying new ones on a $1000-1500 truck isn’t worthwhile, but eventually it’s 8 year old all seasons will be done and they’re no good for woods use. Some friends want me to go in on a hunting lease and it’s the only truck I have and I won’t get another one just to hunt a few days a year.

I agree... having like-new, crappy tires is a trap. You don’t want to toss them because it’s wasteful but you hate living with them because they suck.

Dan-O

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Agreed on both counts.

I went with the full Acuity adjustable short shifter kit and I don't regret it one bit.
Same dude. Such a fantastic mod. Its probably my favorite so far because I get to use it so much more.

Thatguyraw

I don’t own a civic
First Name
Raw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I’m running D2 Lowering spring and Whiteline F&R sway bar “Front on soft and Rear on stiff setting” driving Si in “sportmode” handle like it’s on rails and car rotate into corner so nicely with little to none understeer. Perfect for spirit canyon drive.

27mm Front & 26mm Rear
Honda Civic 10th gen Should i get coilovers or a tuner? 79901F80-8CD2-469A-9DF6-A6AB991F4824
Sponsored

Last edited: