Should I get AEM Cold Air Intake for 2016 Civic ex 2.0l CVT?

GJR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX 2.0L CVT
Country flag
I know this isn't the best platform for mods but I'm not trying to add any crazy power. I'm thinking of getting a Ktuner for sure. Was wondering though if I should get a ktuner and the cold air intake or just the tuner? Intake is like 280. Would it be worth it if to get both? I heard stock airbox is good enough. I currently have a k&n drop in. Im thinking just a ktuner would be all I need tbh. But I feel like if both were paired together it could be worth it? Almost 800 bucks total if I do it this way. I got the money but just dont want to spend more than I need to.

Just basically looking for advice here. First car so doing everything for the first time lol
I know I could add an exhaust system for more power as well but seems way too expensive and I just moved to Cali and I don't think it's allowed to have aftermarket downpipe anyway.
Sponsored

chuenoona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2001 Acura CL Type-S
Country flag
No ... aem intake doesn’t add anything really ... ktuner is the way to go ... I would also say get the k&n short ram for the best vtec noise ... but neither gives any gains... I had both ... the K&N short ram is better

Honda Civic 10th gen Should I get AEM Cold Air Intake for 2016 Civic ex 2.0l CVT? 6BEA4853-21C5-4047-ABF9-F79C60A61395

OP
OP

GJR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No ... aem intake doesn’t add anything really ... ktuner is the way to go ... I would also say get the k&n short ram for the best vtec noise ... but neither gives any gains... I had both ... the K&N short ram is better

6BEA4853-21C5-4047-ABF9-F79C60A61395.png
If that's the case then I'll just get the ktuner and call it day. Thanks for your help!

OP
OP

GJR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
man I’d love to but i just moved to cali and i dont think id be able to pass smog with that. Unless theres another way lol

btw got the ktuner already! Just gotta set it up.
It’s got an anti fouler to take the rear o2 sensor out of the pathway of the exhaust and sits in a pocket of oxygen so the cel doesn’t come on. But if emissions needs a visual inspection, slap the cat back on, get it tested then swap them again lol.

Reactions: GJR

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
I noticed an increase in IAT temperatures with the RV6 catted Downpipe vs the OEM catalitic converter, im using the OEM air box with the drop in K&N filter, im monitoring the temperatures with the Ktunner, somebody else has the same problem?

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I noticed an increase in IAT temperatures with the RV6 catted Downpipe vs the OEM catalitic converter, im using the OEM air box with the drop in K&N filter, im monitoring the temperatures with the Ktunner, somebody else has the same problem?
At rest or in motion? Ceramic coated, heat wrap or neither?

OP
OP

GJR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It’s got an anti fouler to take the rear o2 sensor out of the pathway of the exhaust and sits in a pocket of oxygen so the cel doesn’t come on. But if emissions needs a visual inspection, slap the cat back on, get it tested then swap them again lol.
Yeah worst case scenerio just swap em for inspection. Here i just have to smog every 2 years I believe. Well looks like im back to considering rv6 again. Just gotta do more research. Sorry wallet lol

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
at rest and in motion, no wrapped no ceramic coated, the OEM doesn't come with ceramic coat or wrapped either just 2 small heat shields.
Cast iron retains heat better and evenly distributes heat across it.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Air Intake is more for sound...and for that it's worth it and I've read the k&n is better than the aem so I'll order one during the winter

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic sedan
Country flag
man I’d love to but i just moved to cali and i dont think id be able to pass smog with that. Unless theres another way lol

btw got the ktuner already! Just gotta set it up.
Hey, where’d you get the KTuner from?
Sponsored