Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious if anyone has done a back to back comparison of the Flashpro ±6 base tune versus the Ktuner Stage 2 base tune on a 1.5 turbo CVT car...

One other general question. If I went with a Ktuner V1 how would I go about locking the unit to my ECU and uploading tunes if I don't have a laptop?
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One more thing, on the Ktuner website it says all of them are for off road driving. Is this just a precautionary thing or am I looking at the wrong page? In other words, should I even be worrying about this.
By law they have to put that disclaimer because the devices are supposed to be used for race cars and off road use. Unless you are in a CARB state, this won't matter because you will still pass inspection, you can always flash back to stock as well for any smog inspections or dealer work you have done

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Its precautionary. Mostly any mod will include the "for offroad use only" disclaimer.

On an unrelated note, I don't see the AFR (Air Fuel Ratio) in my layout settings on my V2. Am I just blind or is it named something different? lol

One more thing, on the Ktuner website it says all of them are for off road driving. Is this just a precautionary thing or am I looking at the wrong page? In other words, should I even be worrying about this.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Its precautionary. Mostly any mod will include the "for offroad use only" disclaimer.

On an unrelated note, I don't see the AFR (Air Fuel Ratio) in my layout settings on my V2. Am I just blind or is it named something different? lol
WIDEBAND is what you are looking for, should be on the first screen of choices

riv21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid, Ktuner Stage 1
Noob question I noticed the highest my boost goes is about 10psi. how hard do you have to be driving to see the higher boosts? Is this something that increases the higher the rpms ? I normally sit around 3500 to 4500 on daily drives.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I haven’t even really gotten on it but have seen 18 multiple times now. You have to mash the gas pretty well to get up there. 3500-4500 isn’t usually going to net you super high boost.

Noob question I noticed the highest my boost goes is about 10psi. how hard do you have to be driving to see the higher boosts? Is this something that increases the higher the rpms ? I normally sit around 3500 to 4500 on daily drives.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you sir. Gentleman and a scholar lol. What’s a good AFR to have?

WIDEBAND is what you are looking for, should be on the first screen of choices

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
just to see how much boost, (psi) the turbo is running. Lots of people use it to brag about how much boost their car has. But it can be a good tuning tool as well. If you are supposed to be getting 21 psi and you feel like your car is running bad, your boost gauge may show 10 psi and that could mean you have a boost leak.
Mine never shows any higher than 12.5PSI, ever

tcozier1

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch LX
Country flag
I have seen a lot of positives about the ktuner here, are there any areas where the flashpro is objectively better?

REDRAGN53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Civic now..
But in Georgia that doesnt apply so is ktuner the move then?
I'm in GA as well and went KTuner since so many features are user adjustable and VitViper has done so much R&D with PRL on CivicX 1.5T tuning.

But I'll definitely flash back to stock before I take it for emissions testing...

tcozier1

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch LX
Country flag
I'm in GA as well and went KTuner since so many features are user adjustable and VitViper has done so much R&D with PRL on CivicX 1.5T tuning.

But I'll definitely flash back to stock before I take it for emissions testing...
Sounds good, I think I will go with the ktuner then. Idk yet if I’ll use the V1 or V2.
Sponsored