Should I get a tune?

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
been while since ive seen a post from silverghost....hope is tune is still top notch!
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
been while since ive seen a post from silverghost....hope is tune is still top notch!
I chat with him on Facebook. He gave his wife the silverghost and got him a black hatch. both are tuned and still kicking ass. Yo @SilverGhost where ya been?

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
I started this topic about 5 months ago when I was considering getting a tune. I didn't know what to expect. Over the last 5 months I've learned a lot and hopefully can give others an idea if a tune is the way to go for them. A few days ago I uploaded my first flash ECU tune. The +6 Flashpro base map with Hondata mode on. I like it a lot. I gives me basically the same feel and MPG at low throttle as stock. At high throttle, the difference is pretty huge. Passing power is now effortless. So far so good.

So should YOU get a tune? If you'd like more power, it's a no brainer. Yes. No other single mod will give you more smiles than a flash tuner. But, should you be concerned about warranty? Honestly, if you use a base Ktuner or Hondata map, and are stock, I think you'll be fine. If you play around and adjust the tune (and don't know what you're doing) ... well that's another story. If you already have some engine mods or are looking for every last drop of power, your best bet would be to have it tuned by a pro.
------------

Ktuner vs. Flashpro

That's a big topic of debate. Flashpro is the old school brand and Ktuner is the up and comer. The fact is, both companies make good stuff and we're lucky to have two good choices. I think it all comes down to what your plans are and maybe where you live.

Ultimately I went with the CARB Flashpro for a couple reasons. They lowered the price to $495. Also, I live in a CARB state. And basically I wanted a simple set and forget setup. But even on the CARB unit, I can adjust boost and torque, remove the speed limiter, disable VSA and use the dual tune with the Econ button as the switch. The Race Flashpro offers many more adjustments.

As far as Ktuner. It's a great product. The quick adjustments are user friendly and adjusted correctly can give you some improved drivability over Flashpro. A lot of people say Ktuner may get you a little more power too. And they are sold at a great price point. $449 without a touch screen and $649 with.

------------

I think anyone that's looking for more passing power and more overall driving enjoyment should at least consider a tune. If you go too overboard with the boost and torque though, there could be problems. If you drive it daily like a race car, and gun it light to light, there could be problems. I think you have to either just use the base tunes or have it tuned by a pro to keep things safe. As far as warranty, for the most part a tune shouldn't affect most warranty related issues. On the other hand if you blow your engine or bust your CVT by overdoing things, you're probably SOL at the dealership.
Good, fair review. Thanks for posting! Let us know if we can help you with any more of your FlashPro questions.

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
What is boost pressure under didn’t see anybody with boost gauge on the display head unit