Should I do the PRL Flex Fuel Kit as my next mod?

Thatkidbill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Currently I am running a Hondata base tune with a PRL Cobra CAI, PRL FMIC, PRL catted DP and I am looking for my next performance mod. Without throwing a big turbo in there is there anything that would make my car more fun to drive? I dont want to brick my engine or have to upgrade my clutch yet but I have the itch for more power. Anyone who's running ethanol have reasons why it would be a bad idea? I still have a stock suspension that im nervous to mess with but convince me otherwise.
Sponsored

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Clutch then flex. Your clutch is ganna go bye bye quick as hell pushing more power with flex.

Turtle_714

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
You're always going to get that one guy that brags about running a stock clutch on a FBO Stage 2 tune "without issues," but it would just be a matter of time before it slips and you're shit out of luck. I know it sucks to spend a bunch of money on something that doesn't add a bunch of power (since that's what you're seeking) but play it smart, upgrade the clutch, that will allow you to do any performance mod you want with peace of mind. But to answer the flex fuel question, yes, absolutely. Makes a pretty big difference, I have zero regrets with mine.
Sponsored