Should I buy the 2017 Civic EX-L (no Sensing/Navigation) now or later?

ishme4nowz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
future Honda
Hey guys, just want to get an opinion on this. What do you guys think about the price for a 2017 Civic EX-L (no Honda Sensing/Navigation) for near $24,000 OTD? No add-on accessories. (I plan on adding the body moldings, spoiler, etc add-ons later on, on my own for presumably cheaper, but for more work haha)

I want to buy a new car (preferably 2017 model), but not sure if right now is a decent time to buy or if I should wait a month or 2 for potentially lower prices. I really want the white orchid pearl/black trim but it seems like most of the dealerships around me don't have that color combo, except for a handful, and usually if they do carry that exact color, they only have like one of that car in stock.

What should I do? Does anyone have any insight they can share with me as to when is the best time to buy the latest model car? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

whiteext17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civi EX-T
Interest is going up at beginning of next year so if you can, buy now. Also the sooner you get it, the more you'll enjoy it and sooner you'll pay it off :)

Neanderthal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soul
Interest is going up at beginning of next year so if you can, buy now. Also the sooner you get it, the more you'll enjoy it and sooner you'll pay it off :)
There is $1000 or less mark-up on these. End of December is traditionally the best time of the year to buy. Dealers typically sell off as much inventory as possible because they pay taxes on everything on the books Jan. 1.

MACKINAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic EXT
Hey guys, just want to get an opinion on this. What do you guys think about the price for a 2017 Civic EX-L (no Honda Sensing/Navigation) for near $24,000 OTD? No add-on accessories. (I plan on adding the body moldings, spoiler, etc add-ons later on, on my own for presumably cheaper, but for more work haha)

I want to buy a new car (preferably 2017 model), but not sure if right now is a decent time to buy or if I should wait a month or 2 for potentially lower prices. I really want the white orchid pearl/black trim but it seems like most of the dealerships around me don't have that color combo, except for a handful, and usually if they do carry that exact color, they only have like one of that car in stock.

What should I do? Does anyone have any insight they can share with me as to when is the best time to buy the latest model car? Thanks in advance!
I would wait until they have their summer blowout sales for the 2017 's if you can hold out that long. White orchid Pearl is what I got. Love it!

Couper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L; 2015 Subaru Forester 2.5 Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

My thought is to buy at the end of the month (preferably mid-week over weekend) and initiate through email. I tried purchasing a '16 EX-L coupe (white but with ivory interior) in October. It was the last one on the lot in that trim. I emailed the dealer to see if it was still available and it was. I offered $22,800 including splash guards, rubber mats and cargo tray. The salesman accepted but when he went to tag it, another salesman was selling it to a customer on site. My salesman saw that a '17 EX-L coupe (white with black/gray interior) was scheduled for delivery in another week and offered that to me for the same price with accessories as good faith. I jumped on that one and have not regretted it. As long as you show interest up front and don't BS them on email, most salesmen will work with you. I just hate walking in and getting mobbed. I even told the guy I wanted to drive it, check my son's car seat and make sure my wife liked it before even showing up. One of the best and easiest experiences buying a car I've had.

Good luck. The white w/black interior is awesome.

Irocnrol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L

Order
My thought is to buy at the end of the month (preferably mid-week over weekend) and initiate through email. I tried purchasing a '16 EX-L coupe (white but with ivory interior) in October. It was the last one on the lot in that trim. I emailed the dealer to see if it was still available and it was. I offered $22,800 including splash guards, rubber mats and cargo tray. The salesman accepted but when he went to tag it, another salesman was selling it to a customer on site. My salesman saw that a '17 EX-L coupe (white with black/gray interior) was scheduled for delivery in another week and offered that to me for the same price with accessories as good faith. I jumped on that one and have not regretted it. As long as you show interest up front and don't BS them on email, most salesmen will work with you. I just hate walking in and getting mobbed. I even told the guy I wanted to drive it, check my son's car seat and make sure my wife liked it before even showing up. One of the best and easiest experiences buying a car I've had.

Good luck. The white w/black interior is awesome.

Irocnrol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
Ordered a 2017 EX-L Coupe Lunar Silver OTD from CFL dealer for $24,756 using Tru Car. Likely a bit high due to $699 dealer fee. However, the dealer was willing to order the Civic I requested without addon gear and kept the deal simple. Draw back was a 30-90 delivery date with $500 deposit.

CivicWhtEXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot
Best time to buy I was told was end of the month (December especially).

White EXL Sedan is nice if you can find it.

P.S. Adding a new spoiler will be complicated given the existing spoiler.

Last edited:

BonestockFK7

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport 5dr
Best time to buy I was told was end of the month (December especially).

White EXL Sedan is nice if you can find it.

P.S. Adding a new spoiler will be complicated given the existing spoiler.
Hey, I work for Honda in sales. Best time to buy can be any time, depends where you live and the competitive nature of the dealerships around. Anyone have questions may feel free to inbox me, dont mind helping.

izitnick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2017 Civic EX CVT Hatch
Country flag

What did you decide?
Sponsored