Should I buy ktuner or just get flashed?

milkyZ5

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hello all, newbie here. I just want to be as clear as I can. I’ve never modded a car before nor do I plan on going to the extreme to making mine a race car. But I wouldn’t mind a extra oomph to my 2020 hatch sport CVT. I’m debating on purchasing the ktuner v2. But do I really need it? Should I just get flashed for half the price? As of now I only a SRI. And possibly in the future I would like to get install a downpipe and a exhaust system. But I think that’s as far I would go as far as performance mods. Is it worth it to buy the whole ktuner? I’m sorry I’m such a newb
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Hello all, newbie here. I just want to be as clear as I can. I’ve never modded a car before nor do I plan on going to the extreme to making mine a race car. But I wouldn’t mind a extra oomph to my 2020 hatch sport CVT. I’m debating on purchasing the ktuner v2. But do I really need it? Should I just get flashed for half the price? As of now I only a SRI. And possibly in the future I would like to get install a downpipe and a exhaust system. But I think that’s as far I would go as far as performance mods. Is it worth it to buy the whole ktuner? I’m sorry I’m such a newb
I would buy the whole thing, in case you change your mind. Buy it from..
https://www.twostepperformance.com/
It comes with their TSP stage 1 tune which is the best marketed tune that’s not a custom tune. You won’t regret it. I would look into an intercooler and getting a cold air intake instead

OP
OP

milkyZ5

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would buy the whole thing, in case you change your mind. Buy it from..
https://www.twostepperformance.com/
It comes with their TSP stage 1 tune which is the best marketed tune that’s not a custom tune. You won’t regret it. I would look into an intercooler and getting a cold air intake instead
So instead of going the downpipe/ exhaust route you recommend going for intercooler? As for the CAI I’m aware it would be better to run it, but I’m concerned of having it get wet or having any other issues with it sitting that low in the car.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
So instead of going the downpipe/ exhaust route you recommend going for intercooler? As for the CAI I’m aware it would be better to run it, but I’m concerned of having it get wet or having any other issues with it sitting that low in the car.
I’m not saying it’s not a possibility but the prl cai sits beautiful away from the engine bay but protected from rain. And the cars under shielding also helps protect it. For sure a tune will give more hp than most any other bolt on. A bigger IC means colder air. Colder air = more hp

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I would recommend purchasing KTuner from TSP. Their tune is great and it’s included for no extra fee. I would also recommend getting a full CAI (PRL). I wouldn’t be concerned with water getting in unless you’re driving in 2+ ft of water. It sits low but not that low and is tucked beneath the fog light assembly and has a bottom shield to protect it as well.

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
As long as you're not fording through deep water you have nothing to worry about. I was like that too at first but I've had mine on for almost a year and ive been through plenty of heavy downpours and storms. Both at highway speeds and city speeds and the filter still looks new.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
If you're having a Honda Dealer do the flash, with a guarantee of continued warranty, then the flash maybe cheaper. Change that condition and it will probably become the more expensive option.

Also, will you be happy with the out of the box Cal-emissions tune? Or are you going to want to tweek it?

OP
OP

milkyZ5

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Should I buy ktuner or just get flashed? 760849CE-2C94-4D60-8095-F6181538D35E
I think I’m going to go with purchasing the whole ktuner from tsp and buying the conversion kit to make my sri a cai. I plan to keep my car so who knows what I’ll be putting in it in the years to come. Thanks everyone for your reply. Here is a pic of my baby.
Sponsored