Should I buy it?

Fc1_l15b7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sedan touring
Country flag
Hi guys just wondering if I should get the 2.0 k20c2 civic or not I'm planning on modifying it in the future I'm just thinking about the after market parts do you think that there going to be more or is it just going to stop at this point I really would like to get the 1.5t I know it's better and a lot of great parts from a lot of great companies but I don't have the money for it been thinking of it the past 3 years and still haven't decided. and I'm getting the cvt because I'm probably gonna modify it after a couple of years and then swapping the cvt to a manual I know it's going to be expensive but I can't import cars where I live its just going to cost more
Sponsored

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
i have a 2018 2.0 coupe with the CVT.unless youre going to be street racing it is peppy and gets good mileage stock.if you want to race get the type R and youll be ready right out of the box.

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
Hi guys just wondering if I should get the 2.0 k20c2 civic or not I'm planning on modifying it in the future I'm just thinking about the after market parts do you think that there going to be more or is it just going to stop at this point I really would like to get the 1.5t I know it's better and a lot of great parts from a lot of great companies but I don't have the money for it been thinking of it the past 3 years and still haven't decided. and I'm getting the cvt because I'm probably gonna modify it after a couple of years and then swapping the cvt to a manual I know it's going to be expensive but I can't import cars where I live its just going to cost more
Get a 1.5t. You won't regret it...

Staffiedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette and Civic SI
Country flag
Buy a manual new instead of a cvt if you are going to change the cvt to a manual.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
In other words, the answer is...

NO

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
i have a 2018 2.0 coupe with the CVT.unless youre going to be street racing it is peppy and gets good mileage stock.if you want to race get the type R and youll be ready right out of the box.
There's a reason the Si exists... the chasm between the base model and the CTR needs to be filled with something. The cost is nearly double. I doubt anyone is shopping both.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
then swapping the cvt to a manual I know it's going to be expensive but I can't import cars where I live its just going to cost more
Yeah, don't do that. Buy the manual if you want a manual. It's not worth it to do all the work to swap... and when most people say this kind of stuff, their next question is "can i twin turbo my civic?".

Buy what you want the first time.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP can't get a manual where they live. Anyway, how much more is a base 1.5t where you live over a K20 Civic?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Save a bit longer for the 1.5 if you can, unless you need a car right away.. a lot more potential for power and mods down the line compared to the 2.0

OP
OP
Fc1_l15b7

Fc1_l15b7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sedan touring
Country flag
OP can't get a manual where they live. Anyway, how much more is a base 1.5t where you live over a K20 Civic?
The k20 is 20k us and the 1.5t is 26k us and we don't have a base 1.5t only the touring and it's called the rs here

Last edited:

OP
OP
Fc1_l15b7

Fc1_l15b7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sedan touring
Country flag
Wow, that sucks. Time to move I guess. LOL
Yup but ima try to get a used 1.5t even if it's expensive to swap to a manual later its just way cheaper than getting one imported
Sponsored