TheGman76

First Name
Gab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Might get a better deal on a new 2019 SI which I prefer. Reason being, no fake noise to disconnect and most importantly the gear setting/ drivetrain. The 2020 will gearing is shorter and will give you a little more torque on the low end. I sometimes go on 300-400 mile road trips, so on the freeway, the 2020 at 70mph revs at 3k RPM.

The 2019 will be at 80mph at 3K RPM. When I drive from Vegas to LA in certain areas I’m driving 90-95mph, so that’s why I like the 2019 SI Coupe
Yes I'm aware of the hearing, but I would gladly give up a couple mpg for more down low tourque
Sponsored

cydwel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
  • LED Headlights
  • LED Fog Lights
  • High Beam Assist
  • Forward Collision Mitigation
  • Lane Departure Mitigation
  • Adaptive Cruise Control
  • Lane Keep Assist
  • A Volume Knob...
The shorter 6th gear for accommodating the adaptive cruise control - a small price to pay for that feature for regular highway cruising. And - all of those nanny systems can be turned off. So go for the 2020. It's more bang for the buck.

Dpack

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Yes I'm aware of the hearing, but I would gladly give up a couple mpg for more down low tourque
ktuner
Makes sense, to each their own depending on where and how you drive. I addressed that with KTuner which is the only mod I have on my car. You can’t go wrong with an SI you will
See the difference between standard hatch and si tomorrow. Have fun

OP
OP

TheGman76

First Name
Gab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
ktuner

Makes sense, to each their own depending on where and how you drive. I addressed that with KTuner which is the only mod I have on my car. You can’t go wrong with an SI you will
See the difference between standard hatch and si tomorrow. Have fun
Done deal I pick up the SI tomorrow!!

Thanks for the info!
Cheers

Dpack

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
  • LED Headlights
  • LED Fog Lights
  • High Beam Assist
  • Lane Keep Assist
  • A Volume Knob...
The shorter 6th gear for accommodating the adaptive cruise control - a small price to pay for that feature for regular highway cruising. And - all of those nanny systems can be turned off. So go for the 2020. It's more bang for the buck.
Yes, more features for sure. 2019 has a volume knob, cruise control. I would love the LED’s and the Black Rims on the 2019 but could care less about the other stuff

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
Yes, more features for sure. 2019 has a volume knob, cruise control. I would love the LED’s and the Black Rims on the 2019 but could care less about the other stuff
I thought 2019's still had the slider on the infotainment system?

GotBoost?

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan, 1992 Chevy Blazer
Country flag
Hello everyone.. I need some advice.. I just reserved a 2020 Si , but after doing some research on your forum I see that there are issues with the rear suspension in colder climates..

I still haven't talked to the dealer about this, but wondered if the issue was resolved for the 2020 model year?

How bad is it during the colder days?

Would you still recommend getting one or opting for the hatchback sport? Is there a big difference?

Thanks
Welcome

I did a lot of research before buying my '19 Si and don't remember reading about cold weather rear suspension issues but I am happy and thankful to report that after one Philadelphia area winter albeit relatively mild I had zero issues. No issues with anything actually (knock on wood). I bought in Aug 19 and had the below installed by the time cold weather October arrived.

Stock suspension
Hasport read motor mount
AMS manual transmission fluid
Ultra racing solid 1pc Front strut tower bar
Hikari 'eye of Megatron' low beams
PRL cobra CAI
TSP stage 1

Did the above in that order (inside 3 months) and wouldn't change that sequence for anything.

RMM (rear motor mount) delivered one of the most important driveability upgrades available, and for ~ $100 and was my first change, no regrets. Went w the 'softest' bushings and it's still very firm after 7k.

So anyway I love my '19 and seems the '20 gets betterish w the safety features.
Wheels and tires are next (keeping stock rollers and all season rubber for PA winter)

Love the drive at 19psi, love hitting the sport button to boost up before hitting an onramp, then turning back to stock for 38 MPG highway. Insurance likes it too.

Either way good luck !

OP
OP

TheGman76

First Name
Gab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Welcome

I did a lot of research before buying my '19 Si and don't remember reading about cold weather rear suspension issues but I am happy and thankful to report that after one Philadelphia area winter albeit relatively mild I had zero issues. No issues with anything actually (knock on wood). I bought in Aug 19 and had the below installed by the time cold weather October arrived.

Stock suspension
Hasport read motor mount
AMS manual transmission fluid
Ultra racing solid 1pc Front strut tower bar
Hikari 'eye of Megatron' low beams
PRL cobra CAI
TSP stage 1

Did the above in that order (inside 3 months) and wouldn't change that sequence for anything.

RMM (rear motor mount) delivered one of the most important driveability upgrades available, and for ~ $100 and was my first change, no regrets. Went w the 'softest' bushings and it's still very firm after 7k.

So anyway I love my '19 and seems the '20 gets betterish w the safety features.
Wheels and tires are next (keeping stock rollers and all season rubber for PA winter)

Love the drive at 19psi, love hitting the sport button to boost up before hitting an onramp, then turning back to stock for 38 MPG highway. Insurance likes it too.

Either way good luck !
Nice build!!

Thanks for sharing!

Grommet45

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Highest available for both civics, I've read on hondas web site they claim every honda engine is designed to run on regular gasoline, I'm guessing the car can make adjustments to work with the lower octane, they both have electronic waste gates to control the boost and the engine can control the timing both to prevent eairly destanation, that said it can also utilize the higher octane as well.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
  • LED Headlights
  • LED Fog Lights
  • High Beam Assist
  • Lane Keep Assist
  • A Volume Knob...
Also new and unique wheels, the 2020 Sport hatch wheels are quite different in person with the weird 2-tone 3D look, the Si wheels look much better. In fact I like the 2020 bumber changes as well - 2020 is a really nice update.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Done deal I pick up the SI tomorrow!!

Thanks for the info!
Cheers
Congrats, what color? I'm still trying to find a blue or red sedan. I did find a red one but they wanted MSRP. Found $2100 offers elsewhere but not the right colors.