Should I buy a 2020 Si????

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
I've had a lot of fun with my Si since buying it back in November. So far no issues to speak of. Threw on the MAP exhaust with lightweight wheels & sticky rubber shortly after I bought it and called it a day. Could it use more power? Sure - but that could be said for just about any car. Its not my daily but could easily serve as one. Its got a very compliant ride that is firm yet not too harsh for most city roads. You'll definitely have a smile on your face when hustling it thru the turns. Even with some occasional hooning I've been averaging about 35mpg which is awesome!
Sponsored

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a 2017 Si and when it was -30C (winnipeg) the rear would clunk over decent sized bumps (our roads aren’t that great). It would have to be that super cold. The suspension was inspected to be fine and the clunk went away when it got warmer (or less cold). It was more just annoying to hear, than being an actual durability/functional issue. I have a 2019 Si now and there are zero issues. It’s such a well balanced car and drives great. Super fun to modify as well! Good luck!

OP
OP

TheGman76

First Name
Gab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
I had a 2017 Si and when it was -30C (winnipeg) the rear would clunk over decent sized bumps (our roads aren’t that great). It would have to be that super cold. The suspension was inspected to be fine and the clunk went away when it got warmer (or less cold). It was more just annoying to hear, than being an actual durability/functional issue. I have a 2019 Si now and there are zero issues. It’s such a well balanced car and drives great. Super fun to modify as well! Good luck!
Great news!!! Thanks for the info!

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hello everyone.. I need some advice.. I just reserved a 2020 Si , but after doing some research on your forum I see that there are issues with the rear suspension in colder climates..

I still haven't talked to the dealer about this, but wondered if the issue was resolved for the 2020 model year?

How bad is it during the colder days?

Would you still recommend getting one or opting for the hatchback sport? Is there a big difference?

Thanks
Just sell it my guy! You know your really want a type R! :D

TheComebackKid

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MSM Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had the rear suspension clunking in cold weather issue (I'm in Montreal also :)), The first winter (2017-2018) with the car there was a TSB but the revised parts did NOT fix the problem. This past winter (2019-2020) there was a second TSB and these parts fixed the problem.
I'm pretty sure 2020 and maybe even the 2019's have the revised parts that fixes the problem.

Also this problem was only on the Si for anyone wondering if the other Civic trims had the problem.

OP
OP

TheGman76

First Name
Gab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
I had the rear suspension clunking in cold weather issue (I'm in Montreal also :)), The first winter (2017-2018) with the car there was a TSB but the revised parts did NOT fix the problem. This past winter (2019-2020) there was a second TSB and these parts fixed the problem.
I'm pretty sure 2020 and maybe even the 2019's have the revised parts that fixes the problem.

Also this problem was only on the Si for anyone wondering if the other Civic trims had the problem.
Thanks for the response... I'm picking up the car tomorrow...

My salesman told me that for 2020 it has the revised parts..

Cheers

Grommet45

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hello everyone.. I need some advice.. I just reserved a 2020 Si , but after doing some research on your forum I see that there are issues with the rear suspension in colder climates..

I still haven't talked to the dealer about this, but wondered if the issue was resolved for the 2020 model year?

Would you still recommend getting one or opting for the hatchback sport? Is there a big difference?

Thanks

Thanks
I bought my 2020 Si in january and drove it for 6 months. It's a great car, lotta things I loved about it found some I dident. It's got power the clutch is easy, the layouts great, I'm 6'3", plenty of room. Handles amazing, the tubes fun, its absoultly worth the money and with all the dealer options you can have a really nice lookin car in and out.
Things I dident like, the materials used like the door panels "cloth" looking at it wrong can cause very visible permanent damage. Theres no hatchback option which really sucks, the cars rear visibility sucks. The biggest thing came during the summer, soon as ya hit the a/c. Saps allot of the "zip" clear out the car, you start to experience a pretty significant turbo lag.
Between the a/c issue and not being a hatchback I started to look into the "R". I now own #37070 sonic gray, it completely took away the few things I had issue with. The Si is a really cool car I think I would of been happy with it had I not come from owning V8 SUV's most my life.

Honda Civic 10th gen Should I buy a 2020 Si???? 20191227_154543

Honda Civic 10th gen Should I buy a 2020 Si???? 20191017_113642

Honda Civic 10th gen Should I buy a 2020 Si???? 20200605_123242

cydwel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I see that I am late to the party - but I will say that I am about 8K in to mine that I got at the beginning of 2020, and that I live in an area with cold winter weather - and I had 0 rear suspension problems. I hope you enjoy the car. This is the first car I've bought when I haven't had buyer's remorse. Even today, I just smiled looking at it on a Monday morning headed to work. I hope your experience is similar. Blessings.

OP
OP

TheGman76

First Name
Gab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
I bought my 2020 Si in january and drove it for 6 months. It's a great car, lotta things I loved about it found some I dident. It's got power the clutch is easy, the layouts great, I'm 6'3", plenty of room. Handles amazing, the tubes fun, its absoultly worth the money and with all the dealer options you can have a really nice lookin car in and out.
Things I dident like, the materials used like the door panels "cloth" looking at it wrong can cause very visible permanent damage. Theres no hatchback option which really sucks, the cars rear visibility sucks. The biggest thing came during the summer, soon as ya hit the a/c. Saps allot of the "zip" clear out the car, you start to experience a pretty significant turbo lag.
Between the a/c issue and not being a hatchback I started to look into the "R". I now own #37070 sonic gray, it completely took away the few things I had issue with. The Si is a really cool car I think I would of been happy with it had I not come from owning V8 SUV's most my life.

20191227_154543.jpg

20191017_113642.jpg

20200605_123242.jpg

Nice type R!!!
Did you run it with Super 91-93 octane?

20191227_154543.jpg

20191017_113642.jpg

20200605_123242.jpg

OP
OP

TheGman76

First Name
Gab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag

[QUOTE="cydwel, post: 831767, member: 38268"]
I see that I am late to the party - but I will say that I am about 8K in to mine that I got at the beginning of 2020, and that I live in an area with cold winter weather - and I had 0 rear suspension problems. I hope you enjoy the car. This is the first car I've bought when I haven't had buyer's remorse. Even today, I just smiled looking at it on a Monday morning headed to work. I hope your experience is similar. Blessings.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks man!!!! I honestly wanted a fun car to daily drive...

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Two words: Get it! Had -0- issues with my '17 SI.

Dpack

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag

Thanks
Might get a better deal on a new 2019 SI which I prefer. Reason being, no fake noise to disconnect and most importantly the gear setting/ drivetrain. The 2020 will gearing is shorter and will give you a little more torque on the low end. I sometimes go on 300-400 mile road trips, so on the freeway, the 2020 at 70mph revs at 3k RPM.

The 2019 will be at 80mph at 3K RPM. When I drive from Vegas to LA in certain areas I’m driving 90-95mph, so that’s why I like the 2019 SI Coupe
Sponsored