Should I be paying extra just for the color I want? Civic EX 2020

milkywayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sedan
Country flag
Hello fellow Civic lovers,

I plan on buying a 2020 Civic EX and while the few dealerships I contact have quote me OTD prices which are fair enough (~24000 USD) for the EX - which I think is a good price when tax/doc fee etc is all included.

However, this one dealership has the color I want (Modern Steel) - they seem to have jacked up the price on that compared to the other colors and are also pushing $1000 in addons. I complained about the price difference and they sent me the quote for another color and the price difference is $3500 ($27000+ total on the modern steel) vs the $24000~ for the silver color.

Is it normal to charge extra for just a color or did I mess up by mentioning the color I want via email before finalizing the deal?

This is in Texas btw.
Sponsored

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Could just be a supply issue and them unwilling to find you what you want. Have you tried another dealer? The only color that is supposed to cost more is White Orchard Pearl.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
No. Civics are not rare. Even the type r isn’t really rare. But now with the Si and the coupe going away. You might have to if you really want it and don’t have multiple dealers near you. I have about 5 dealers within a 30 mile radius.
Sponsored