Nubar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just got this in today.
For the curious who've already 'done-up' their shifter with Acuity bits, here's their rocker fitting in with the Boomba short shift lever.
Fits perfectly, so don't have any worries about this purchase (if you so choose).
IMG_20180702_172924.jpg
As for the Boomba shift lever itself, it's VERY solid, VERY heavy, and I LOVE the all-metal construction vs. the plastic bits that are on the stock lever.
Can't wait to get this in. We'll see how things go next weekend (or maybe the 4th if I'm lucky).

Instructions aren't posted yet, @Boomba Racing , is the shift lever just held in with retaining clips on top? I can't really tell from the pics that I've seen.
Cool, thanks for the initial thoughts on the lever and the acuity rocker fitment with it. I want to pretty much go with the same setup plus the boomba adapter and all bushings either boomba or acuity. Definitely will be going with a mix of both tho. Good luck with the install! Can you please post some shots of the oem base as you install the lever? I’m really curious how many/which plastic components remain in the oem base. Also wonder how the boomba lever will compare to buddy club full base and shifter swap.
Sponsored

Last edited:

R-00123

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 type r fk8
Country flag
Anyone install the boomba lever yet? I have everything stripped down and can't figure out how to get the stock one out.

ActiveArch

First Name
Nubar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone install the boomba lever yet? I have everything stripped down and can't figure out how to get the stock one out.
Boomba really needs to release the install video with or very soon after the release of something like this. It’s been a while now since they put it up for sale.

Maybe you can find some YouTube videos of people installing the base bushings or acuity rocker and get a better idea of what you can do next..

R-00123

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 type r fk8
Country flag
Boomba really needs to release the install video with or very soon after the release of something like this. It’s been a while now since they put it up for sale.

Maybe you can find some YouTube videos of people installing the base bushings or acuity rocker and get a better idea of what you can do next..
I've looked up everything possible, I have pretty much all of the acuity parts as well.
I took the whole shifter tower out of the car bare with just the stock lever still in it. And can't figure out how to get the "plastic retaining clip" out. I'm gonna call boomba in the morning and see if they can learn me some knowledge over the phone.

ActiveArch

First Name
Nubar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've looked up everything possible, I have pretty much all of the acuity parts as well.
I took the whole shifter tower out of the car bare with just the stock lever still in it. And can't figure out how to get the "plastic retaining clip" out. I'm gonna call boomba in the morning and see if they can learn me some knowledge over the phone.
Boomba should definitely be able to help you out. Update us on how you like the lever and good luck finishing the install!

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport, 2018 Civic Type-R, 2010 Civic SI, 2015 Civic SI,
Country flag
We are waiting on our tech to release the install guide, he's a wizard and has all the info. Only problem is, he's on vacation right now.

R-00123

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 type r fk8
Country flag
I gave boomba a call and email this morning. They said they would email me to help try and explain how to get the stock lever out as soon as possible.
Out of boredom I tried one more time to get it out. And of course as with anything, I messed around with it for about 2hrs last night with not a single budge. And then just now it popped out in 30 seconds with one flat head and one pick. (As opposed to the 2 flat heads, and 3-4 picks I was working with last night )

So it does come out without total destruction, but I'm sure boomba has an easier way of attacking it. So as unhelpful as I feel, I'm gonna let boomba be the one to explain it to you guys, cause I'm also a horrible teacher.

Now I just have to go to work (taking the jeep) for 11hrs and then put everything back together at midnight!

I'd also like to thank @Boomba Racing, because if I hadn't called them it probably never would've come out just with my luck.

Cheers!

Honda Civic 10th gen Short Throw Shift Lever - Availble Now! - Boomba Racing 20180711_083442

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
unfortunately I wasted 2hrs as well...couldn't figure it out...
I left it with just the Acuity trifecta and a pool of sweat

didn't help I dropped a base bushing down the side due to sweaty hands...took me 30min to get it out (they really should have made them out of steel so I could've magnetized it out...lol)!

R-00123

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 type r fk8
Country flag
The shift knob definitely sits lower.
Maybe it's just me (I know it's only supposed to be a 14% reduction in throws.) but the throws don't feel much shorter if at all.
I'm wondering if the short shift adapter for the transmission side that boomba offers for the regular civicX would fit the type r.
I'm not trying to get to a microscopic level, but I'm only noticing the acuity parts so far (transmission cable bushings, shorter rocker arm, centering spring, and base bushings)

Also a side note, I noticed that the boomba shifter is assembled as a ball that has a nipple, and the threaded rod seems to pass through the ball and is held in place by a bolt clamping it in place. I'm curious if that means its adjustable, or if the threaded rod has an indentation for that bolt meaning non adjustable. @Boomba Racing

All that aside I'd rather have the boomba shifter if for nothing else but the fact that it's all metal, and no more half plastic half metal OEM shifter!

*edit* added a picture of the shifter with the bolt in question for possible adjustability. You can see it on top of the ball.

Honda Civic 10th gen Short Throw Shift Lever - Availble Now! - Boomba Racing Screenshot_20180712-012009_Chrome

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
unfortunately I wasted 2hrs as well...couldn't figure it out...
I left it with just the Acuity trifecta and a pool of sweat

didn't help I dropped a base bushing down the side due to sweaty hands...took me 30min to get it out (they really should have made them out of steel so I could've magnetized it out...lol)!
Shoot us an email at: [email protected] and we will send over a temporary install guide.

The shift knob definitely sits lower.
Maybe it's just me (I know it's only supposed to be a 14% reduction in throws.) but the throws don't feel much shorter if at all.
I'm wondering if the short shift adapter for the transmission side that boomba offers for the regular civicX would fit the type r.
I'm not trying to get to a microscopic level, but I'm only noticing the acuity parts so far (transmission cable bushings, shorter rocker arm, centering spring, and base bushings)

Also a side note, I noticed that the boomba shifter is assembled as a ball that has a nipple, and the threaded rod seems to pass through the ball and is held in place by a bolt clamping it in place. I'm curious if that means its adjustable, or if the threaded rod has an indentation for that bolt meaning non adjustable. @Boomba Racing

All that aside I'd rather have the boomba shifter if for nothing else but the fact that it's all metal, and no more half plastic half metal OEM shifter!

*edit* added a picture of the shifter with the bolt in question for possible adjustability. You can see it on top of the ball.

Screenshot_20180712-012009_Chrome.jpg
The shift plate will not work on the Type-R, However we may look into making a Type-R exclusive shift plate. The shifter is not adjustable either. It might not seem like it, but the throws are defiantly shorter! Maybe the other bits you've installed are masking the shorter throw.

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
that collar looks pretty chewed up, do you have issues holding it back in now that it's reinstalled?
like if I make a mistake pulling it out, will it sit back in & not come back out while driving?

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
that collar looks pretty chewed up, do you have issues holding it back in now that it's reinstalled?
like if I make a mistake pulling it out, will it sit back in & not come back out while driving?
We have not had any issues on either one of our Civics since installation.

turbo dragon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI X
Country flag
I think I saw where someone wanted a side by side comparison of the Boomba shifter and the OEM shifter. Here is one I took last night.
Honda Civic 10th gen Short Throw Shift Lever - Availble Now! - Boomba Racing 20180830_191658
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.