Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport, 2018 Civic Type-R, 2010 Civic SI, 2015 Civic SI,
Country flag
The guys here at Boomba Racing are very excited to announce the release of our brand new Short Throw Shift Lever for the Tenth Generation Honda Civic!!

We've got one for each variation of your manual Civic!

Standard Civic:
www.boombaracing.com/2016-honda-civic-short-throw-shifter-lever/

Si:
www.boombaracing.com/2017-honda-civic-si-short-throw-shifter-lever/

Type-R:
www.boombaracing.com/2017-honda-civic-type-r-short-throw-shifter-lever/

Honda Civic 10th gen Short Throw Shift Lever - Availble Now! - Boomba Racing 42282269734_3e15262dd7_b

Honda Civic 10th gen Short Throw Shift Lever - Availble Now! - Boomba Racing 28132323627_4e053c86a6_b

This short shift lever is built for performance without compromising comfort. It installs by being a direct replacement for the OEM shift lever on your Honda Civic. The shifter height is shorter by an entire inch, putting the shift knob in a much more comfortable, natural feeling position, all while retaining full functionality of the reverse lockout.

The Boomba Racing Shifter also features the same thread pattern as stock, so you can re-use your stock knob, or top it off with a Boomba Knob to really complete the package.

The shifter is designed & manufactured in Boomba's facility, right here in the U.S. and required installation pieces. All shift levers are precision CNC machined black oxide coated billet steel for maximum strength and durability. A definite mod for daily drivers as well as autocross and road racing enthusiast!

As always, if you have any questions, please let us know. We love to hear from you guys!

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So you only take some off the top, the bottom geometry stays the same?

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So you only take some off the top, the bottom geometry stays the same?
This is a completely redesigned lever. It does sit shorter but it also features different linkage attachment points at the bottom.

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
are you able to get some pictures of old/new side-by-side?

ActiveArch

First Name
Nubar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Been waiting for this! Will be buying along with the adapter. Also curious if there will be a group buy.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
are you able to get some pictures of old/new side-by-side?
We will let our Graphics guy know and expect some comparison photos coming in the next few weeks!

Are you doing a group buy deal for this at all?
We will not be doing a group buy on this item, However its a very affordable mod that transforms your vehicle.

Been waiting for this! Will be buying along with the adapter. Also curious if there will be a group buy.
We will not be doing a group buy on this item, But you can expect to see this offered with our shift adapter plate as a combo deal!

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We will let our Graphics guy know and expect some comparison photos coming in the next few weeks!
Hrm, was hoping sooner, I just got the Acuity rocker and was going to install it this weekend, but would put that off (since it's a 2hr ordeal) if I could see a comparison with the old one, until I ordered that.
I'm not a fan of the 'extender' option at all (Acuity, Sirimoto, etc...). I did a similar replacement to what you @ Boomba have with my Mazda 3, and it was great.

Do you know if this is compatible with the Acuity rocker arm if you can't get a comparison shot sooner? I'm seriously interested. Thanks

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hrm, was hoping sooner, I just got the Acuity rocker and was going to install it this weekend, but would put that off (since it's a 2hr ordeal) if I could see a comparison with the old one, until I ordered that.
I'm not a fan of the 'extender' option at all (Acuity, Sirimoto, etc...). I did a similar replacement to what you @ Boomba have with my Mazda 3, and it was great.

Do you know if this is compatible with the Acuity rocker arm if you can't get a comparison shot sooner? I'm seriously interested. Thanks
From our research, that piece shouldn't affect the install of our shifter; so long as the Acuity arm doesn't change the mounting points for the factory linkage. If the position of the links is changed, we aren't sure if it will be compatible. We will talk to our graphics guy to see if we can get those pictures sooner!

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
WTH, I'll go for it!
I checked out other pics & vids of the shifter mech...
The Acuity rocker gets rid of some cheap plastic bits, and this gets rid of more plastic while shortening it up.
I already have a couple Boomba products (short trans adapter & shift knob), and it's of solid quality. I'm going for the SUPER SHORT COMBO!

BTW, does this come with some lube??? And will I have that annoying click unless I tie-wrap the cable up???

ActiveArch

First Name
Nubar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome, I assume it’ll be similar to the fiesta ST racing kit combo... are you guys planning on developing adapter and shifter base bushings to include in the combo as well?

Looking forward to picking up the kit along with your RMM, I know it’s going to really transform the feel of my car!

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
WTH, I'll go for it!
I checked out other pics & vids of the shifter mech...
The Acuity rocker gets rid of some cheap plastic bits, and this gets rid of more plastic while shortening it up.
I already have a couple Boomba products (short trans adapter & shift knob), and it's of solid quality. I'm going for the SUPER SHORT COMBO!

BTW, does this come with some lube??? And will I have that annoying click unless I tie-wrap the cable up???
This will not ship with lube, we recommend synthetic wheel bearing grease, for low noise operation. There may be a bit more noise than factory since all the shifting points are tighter, but its not loud. You just hear more of a mechanical engagement. Either way the trade off is totally worth it!

Awesome, I assume it’ll be similar to the fiesta ST racing kit combo... are you guys planning on developing adapter and shifter base bushings to include in the combo as well?

Looking forward to picking up the kit along with your RMM, I know it’s going to really transform the feel of my car!

We are looking into manufacturing the bushings as well to include in a kit. And you can't go wrong with the motor mount!

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
sw33t! I already have some Mobil1 synthetic grease (that I use a crap-ton).
I'll order when I get home from work

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
sw33t! I already have some Mobil1 synthetic grease (that I use a crap-ton).
I'll order when I get home from work
Sounds great! We look forward to shipping that out for you!

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just got this in today.
For the curious who've already 'done-up' their shifter with Acuity bits, here's their rocker fitting in with the Boomba short shift lever.
Fits perfectly, so don't have any worries about this purchase (if you so choose).
Honda Civic 10th gen Short Throw Shift Lever - Availble Now! - Boomba Racing IMG_20180702_172924
As for the Boomba shift lever itself, it's VERY solid, VERY heavy, and I LOVE the all-metal construction vs. the plastic bits that are on the stock lever.
Can't wait to get this in. We'll see how things go next weekend (or maybe the 4th if I'm lucky).

Instructions aren't posted yet, @Boomba Racing , is the shift lever just held in with retaining clips on top? I can't really tell from the pics that I've seen.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.