Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport, 2018 Civic Type-R, 2010 Civic SI, 2015 Civic SI,
Country flag
The adapter doesn't cause any premature wear, we have thousands miles of testing and also been selling this item for many years with no issues like that at all.
Sponsored

conbrio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback 6MT SGP sport touring
Country flag
What if one combined this adapter plate with solid shifter cable bushings? The adapter plate necessitates slightly greater force to shift due to reducing the leverage on the shifter arm, which increases force through the shifter cable. Would adding solid shifter cable bushings (which also increases the load on the shifter cable) thus place too much stress on the shifter cable, causing premature wear/stretch/binding/failure over time?

Is it better to choose one or the other (adapter plate or solid bushings), but not do both?

conbrio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback 6MT SGP sport touring
Country flag
Just installed this today, very nice! Much better on my bum elbow. It is a bit harder to get into gear, but only relatively speaking...it's not hard at all...is a great trade-off for my situation.
The weighted knob helps.

I did use the Acuity bushings as well. Very solid overall.

IMG_20180429_093336.jpg
I have the Boomba short shift adapter installed and was looking at installing the Acuity shifter cable bushings also. Any long term issues with having the Boomba plate and the Acuity bushings together?

Status
Not open for further replies.