Shopping for a new car (New civic or Acura ILX)

Mikey604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe EX 2013
Went to the Acura dealer. She said that the ILX no longer REQUIRES premium fuel... It's only recommended. The older MDX's and a few other ones REQUIRED premium. My question is... If I put in regular fuel in the ILX, will it do any damage? Or just a non noticeable performance differenence with the premium fuel?

The ILX is almost the same price as the Civic Coupe Touring! Why wouldn't I get the Acura if it basucally costs the same as the ILX? The Acura maintenance and insurance costs are basically the same as well.

I just like the more premium feel and the engine of the ILX, not too mention the jewel eye headlights look so good.

Hmmmm thoughts?
Sponsored

greyclocked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX
Country flag
Not much of a person to ask in terms of style as I am a cheap ass and did not want to spend 2k for the EX model (paid cash, did not want to finance the extra 2-3k outside of soft budget)

You could pretty much group me in with the average guy who walks down the street and goes OOOOOOOH that car is shiny

The Acura has certain body features (like the pointed front) that will leave it as one of those bizarre design choices. The Civic's backside sucks but the ILX's front body leaves a lot to be desired.

The Acura ILX is ugly.

Last edited:

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Go for what you like. While I liked the TSX and TLX, the ILX didn't really click with me like the Civic did. Any car that requires Premium will survive on Regular these days, so long as you drive nice and easy with no or few hard accelerations, and don't push it on hills.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly, they are both good cars. Just depends on which you like and how much $$$ you wanna spend.

Last edited:

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
There's a $4500 rebate on ILX in Canada right now for remaining 2016 models so that's pretty good incentive. The ILX is actually really good car by itself. It just performs poorly in auto reviews and in the press considering it's based on the 9th gen chassis and how most people pit it up against a CLA or something like that.

However, fit and finish is first rate where door panel materials carry through, extra year of comprehensive warranty compared to Civic, non economy car powertrain and some better features like true BSM, and ELS sound. What sold me on the Civic was the fact that I had a 2014 Civic, and if I took a $10k bath on the trade, I wouldn't want to be caught dead driving the same chassis, and I liked the newer android system in the Civic rather than the ILX. (ILX still uses the Windows based system with the shitty nav that isn't Garmin).

To me, the only ILX that's worth anything is the Tech plus A spec and that literally starts at $35k. So without incentives, the price gap is $8,000 compared to the Touring so it's also poor value. Not as bad as CLA though.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
I could barely fit in the CLA, and couldn't in the rear. Nice feel, though. Would've gone for a used C300 instead for the same price.
Sponsored