Shifter does not want to go from 2nd to neutral

XpoH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
When car is not moving sometimes shifter kinda stucks in between of 2nd and neutral.
If I completely release the clutch it pops into neutral immediately.
Service advice sad he drove another SI and it behaves same.

It never happens when car is moving, meaning it could somehow be related to "locking from going to reverse" thing.
And yes, clutch is pressed all the way to the floor.

Anyone having same issue?
Should I call honda? :)
Sponsored

J3T

First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Nope, warranty will fix that.

10thGenSi

siTH LORD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen si
Country flag
hey man whatever happened with this? I have the same 'problem' with my car as well. thanks in advance

OP
OP

XpoH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
hey man whatever happened with this? I have the same 'problem' with my car as well. thanks in advance
stealership acknowledged that problem exists, those assholes didn't even took central console apart, what they did – just called honda.
honda told that "it is normal behaviour and it is driver responsibility to make sure car is in neutral".
I have a customer support case number with honda and I need to call them to follow up.

Loccust

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Sounds like an adjustment is needed. Mine does it a bit too and I have actually had it stick to where it wont move into third when going from second when car is moving. Rare but I can duplicate it when the car is stationary. I have added it to my list of things for them to look at when the car gets its first oil change. I only have about 3K miles on it.

Gsnail13

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Mine does this, I can get it to happen 100% of the time when the car is off and I'm just rowing through the gears. It always gets stuck coming out of 2nd gear, not sure why but it won't move at all. But I noticed if I push to the left a little coming out of 2nd it doesn't lock at all and goes straight into neutral. It's only happened while actually driving once or twice and not in a while.
Sponsored