Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
  • Banned
What kind do yall recommend?
Acuity seems to ve the only one rhats not just a solid piece.
Is there a difference between the 2 kinds?
Sponsored

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I am using Acuity already for year and a half never had any issues, and it feels much more better. The only other company, which I know, who sells cable bushings also is Hybridracing

OP
OP
Tyler.iguess

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
  • Banned
I am using Acuity already for year and a half never had any issues, and it feels much more better. The only other company, which I know, who sells cable bushings also is Hybridracing
There is another one too. Cant recall the name without looking for it.
But acuity excluded. It looks like a solid piece of metal. Acuity uses a bearing it aeems though.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Used Acuity for nearly 4 years in my Blue Si, no issues ever, and you really won't hear anyone having issues with them. Just took them out as we're parting out the car, and the shifts aren't anywhere near as good

OP
OP
Tyler.iguess

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
  • Banned
Used Acuity for nearly 4 years in my Blue Si, no issues ever, and you really won't hear anyone having issues with them. Just took them out as we're parting out the car, and the shifts aren't anywhere near as good
i have 100% satisfaction with all of my acuity parts, and they are even used,
i was just curious on the differences if anynwith the 2 style of bushings(or maybe i,m lookin at it wrong) and they arnt so different, but def am gonna go acuity either way

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
There is another one too. Cant recall the name without looking for it.
But acuity excluded. It looks like a solid piece of metal. Acuity uses a bearing it aeems though.
The spherical bearing/design is one of the reasons I went with Acuity. All the others seem to be rigid/solid. When you shift with the Acuity bushings installed, you can see why the compliance to movement in certain directions was needed.

OP
OP
Tyler.iguess

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
  • Banned
The spherical bearing/design is one of the reasons I went with Acuity. All the others seem to be rigid/solid. When you shift with the Acuity bushings installed, you can see why the compliance to movement in certain directions was needed.
i only have very little forward back with just the ar,, spring and short shifter. side to side is basically non existent
if i knew i was gonna spend the kind of money i have on my car and enjoy driving it as much as i do, i would of got their stage 4 shifter. (whatever one you can adjust gate as well

Tonycivicboi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
100% worth acuity bushings

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
Added acuity bushings a couple months after installing their short shifter, really didn’t notice a difference. That being said the adjustable short shifter is well worth the price of admission.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say that the shifter cable bushings didn't really make anything better on a new car, but will be worth swapping out after your car gets older, especially if you live in an area with drastic climate swings and cold winters.

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I'd say that the shifter cable bushings didn't really make anything better on a new car, but will be worth swapping out after your car gets older, especially if you live in an area with drastic climate swings and cold winters.
I put mine in about 65k and I could feel/tell a substantial difference. I see all four seasons here in Ohio.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
I suggest using your mod money on mods that make an actual difference.

Seriously, unless your bushings are shot (extremely unlikely on a car this new) it won't make any noticeable difference.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
I suggest using your mod money on mods that make an actual difference.

Seriously, unless your bushings are shot (extremely unlikely on a car this new) it won't make any noticeable difference.
That's just not true. The acuity bushings don't make a dramatic difference but you can definitely feel that it's more rigid/less play when engaging into a gear. I would say it's a subtle difference. It's more worth it when combined with an upgraded shifter and/or shifter parts like rocker arm, spring, etc. The mod isn't very hard to install and not very expensive so it's worth it IMO. But it's not a must have that's for sure.

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
Unless your bushing are worn save your money for something really impotent like window visors ?
Sponsored