Jcortazzo33

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey everyone.. can someone please help me? I got a shift knob and it came with three little coils of different sizes. The coil that fit the shifter broke off as I was twisting the knob on, and now half is in the knob and half is stuck on the shifter. I do not know what to do and I can not drive my car without the knob as I just started driving standard transmission. I’m on the verge of tears because I’m so stressed and heartbroken. It is a new car and I waited a week for this knob...
Sponsored

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
What knob? Post up a picture as well.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Is it the cheap knock off ebay shift knob ? As expected, I got the same knob but in black color. I was glad I didn't install it on the shifter rod. I tried the collar in the knob first

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Unfortunately yes?? I’m not exactly strapped for cash, so it’s what I could do at the moment
if you have pliers use that on the collar part on the shifter rod and try to unscrew or take a nut and try to screw it on top of the collar and unscrew the collar

OP
OP
Jcortazzo33

Jcortazzo33

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic Si
Country flag
if you have pliers use that on the collar part on the shifter rod and try to unscrew or take a nut and try to screw it on top of the collar and unscrew the collar
I don’t have any right now but I’m going to have one in the morning so I am going to try that, thank you!

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
Bingo.

I've driven some shop cars around with vice grip steering wheels and vice grip shifters in my day ?. You'll get it off with pliers or vice grips. Just make sure to not bugger up the shifter threads.

sib2on

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan (Aegean Blue)
Country flag
cut your loses, and wait for a real shift knob.

You wouldn't want to be driving and accidentally snap off the knob because its a POS.

Trust.

OP
OP
Jcortazzo33

Jcortazzo33

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic Si
Country flag
cut your loses, and wait for a real shift knob.

You wouldn't want to be driving and accidentally snap off the knob because its a POS.

Trust.
I appreciate that thank you
Sponsored