First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My wife said yes to me buying a PRL Cobra CAI.

IT'S A CELEBRATION! Break out the drinks boys and girls!

The only other performance mod I have is a Hondata +6 psi boost tune. Since I'm still new to Honda, I think I'm going to stick with the street MAF. Does anyone know if it's possible to get the race MAF later?

Also, any pro tips for installing the CAI?

EDIT: Today (6 Apr) I bought the Cobra Race CAI. YEET!

EDIT 2: I installed the Cobra CAI today (Apr 9). Holy hell this is a must-have mod! I am struggling with the COVID because I just wanna go drive. I am even offering to go to the store to do the grocery shopping, just to drive my car and hear the CAI. The Hondata race tune for it is really great so far. More road testing needs to be done for sure. While I was driving, my RPMs gauge started to go crazy, but my engine still performed like normal. Is there an issue with the Hondata tune that causes the RPM gauge to freak out? It would jump to 8,000 rpms and back down 1,500 and then hover at 4,800 rpms. It was really weird. Thankfully my engine wasn't doing what the gauge was saying. Gotta do some research.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag

The only other performance mod I have is a Hondata +6 psi boost tune. Since I'm still new to Honda, I think I'm going to stick with the street MAF. Does anyone know if it's possible to get the race MAF later?

Yes it is, but it’s not cheap, if I were you get the Race MAF right off the bat. I regret not doing that from the beginning but at the time the PRL CAI was scares so I settled with a street MAF and later upgraded. If I were you get the race from the jump, there’s a base map tune for it anyways so your good tune wise

OP
OP
dark

dark

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes it is, but it’s not cheap, if I were you get the Race MAF right off the bat. I regret not doing that from the beginning but at the time the PRL CAI was scares so I settled with a street MAF and later upgraded. If I were you get the race from the jump, there’s a base map tune for it anyways so your good tune wise
Dope. I'll get the race MAF. Where do I find best tune settings for the CAI? Is there a chart?

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Dope. I'll get the race MAF. Where do I find best tune settings for the CAI? Is there a chart?
If you buy from two step for their tsp tune it will ask what MAF Housing you are running And they’ll do the rest

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

LMFAOOOOO bro im smokin rn and started dying when i read this
Sponsored