First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So after 3 years and 80k miles of daily driving the civic is no longer a daily! First track day scheduled at PBIR on the 23rd, and I should be able to hit a drag strip before that. Pretty torn between building my block or just pushing the stock block for as long as possible. If anyone in south Florida wants to head to any tracks let me know! Also any first day track/strip advice would be nice

Honda Civic 10th gen She’s no longer a daily!! B5F0F9C7-B7DF-4211-BA42-94BA2656375C
Sponsored

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
How long have you been on the W1 and E30?

I also felt the same. But I feel pretty confident in the stock block for under 350whp. As long as there's no abuse.

If I still lived in south GA I wouldn't have minded a few trips down there to hit up some tracks.

Make sure your tire psi is set properly and that your lug nuts are secured. Check your brake pads if your still on the original oems at 80k miles. I would change the oil if its nearing the change interval. Learn how the car handles on the course before ripping it. And most importantly, have fun!

Nick6

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
So after 3 years and 80k miles of daily driving the civic is no longer a daily! First track day scheduled at PBIR on the 23rd, and I should be able to hit a drag strip before that. Pretty torn between building my block or just pushing the stock block for as long as possible. If anyone in south Florida wants to head to any tracks let me know! Also any first day track/strip advice would be nice

B5F0F9C7-B7DF-4211-BA42-94BA2656375C.jpeg
Hey I just got back from PBIR last night. HMU on my instagram @nick6edits Had a friend with the exact same setup as you come with me last night and he had a blast.

OP
OP
2tone

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How long have you been on the W1 and E30?

I also felt the same. But I feel pretty confident in the stock block for under 350whp. As long as there's no abuse.

If I still lived in south GA I wouldn't have minded a few trips down there to hit up some tracks.

Make sure your tire psi is set properly and that your lug nuts are secured. Check your brake pads if your still on the original oems at 80k miles. I would change the oil if its nearing the change interval. Learn how the car handles on the course before ripping it. And most importantly, have fun!
4 months and 10k miles. I was fbo e40 for over a year before that too so I’m pretty sure my block is good at these power levels(under 350 tq/whp) I change every 5k miles so a change is actually do before I drive her again

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag

B5F0F9C7-B7DF-4211-BA42-94BA2656375C.jpeg
Where are the tracks in this area I live in port Charlotte

OP
OP
2tone

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where are the tracks in this area I live in port Charlotte
Palm Beach International Raceway and the Firm in Gainesville are your two best bets for a road course. There’s also Sebring and Daytona but idk any easily accessible events open to amateurs except for one or two scca track nights I believe.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Goodluck brother, wish we had track day weather here in February!

Before the outing, ensure you've done a recent oil change, brake fluid flush is cheap and easy, and your pads and rotors are in decent shape. On top of having good summer tires, best to check their condition all around just in case an object may have decided to embed itself in. The morning of or night before fill up your car and a 5 Gallon jerry (buy one if you haven't already)... nothing worse than running out of gas and sitting on the side lines! Been there, felt like a chump...

On the day of you should get there super early so you can clean/empty your car, set up your area, speak to a marshall about driving and passing rules. Then get on early when there's little to no traffic on the road course so you can enjoy it at your own pace and learn the lines. Getting there late, you're just in a rush and start missing steps

On track I prefer to do 10-15 minute sessions which include 1 warm up lap, 3-4 hot laps, and 1 cooldown lap. When I pull back in to the pits the I let the car idle for a minute, typically a friend is there to put a chalk behind the tire so it doesn't roll, or do it myself after I shut the car off and leave it in gear - never put the emergency brake on after a lapping session, the rotors will warp. Check your tire pressures and overall condition of the tires, leave the hood open, and don't forget to drink some water and maybe have a snack bar or fruits.

Seat time is a wonderful thing, you'll get better and better with it. If there's someone seasoned going with you, or that you see there ask them to come for a ride along. The track community is very helpful :)

OP
OP
2tone

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Before the outing, ensure you've done a recent oil change, brake fluid flush is cheap and easy, and your pads and rotors are in decent shape. On top of having good summer tires, best to check their condition all around just in case an object may have decided to embed itself in. The morning of or night before fill up your car and a 5 Gallon jerry (buy one if you haven't already)... nothing worse than running out of gas and sitting on the side lines! Been there, felt like a chump...

On the day of you should get there super early so you can clean/empty your car, set up your area, speak to a marshall about driving and passing rules. Then get on early when there's little to no traffic on the road course so you can enjoy it at your own pace and learn the lines. Getting there late, you're just in a rush and start missing steps

On track I prefer to do 10-15 minute sessions which include 1 warm up lap, 3-4 hot laps, and 1 cooldown lap. When I pull back in to the pits the I let the car idle for a minute, typically a friend is there to put a chalk behind the tire so it doesn't roll, or do it myself after I shut the car off and leave it in gear - never put the emergency brake on after a lapping session, the rotors will warp. Check your tire pressures and overall condition of the tires, leave the hood open, and don't forget to drink some water and maybe have a snack bar or fruits.

Seat time is a wonderful thing, you'll get better and better with it. If there's someone seasoned going with you, or that you see there ask them to come for a ride along. The track community is very helpful :)
Thanks I appreciate the advice! Never heard about the no parking brake after laps, will make sure not to.

FC1Robb

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

Took the words out of my mouth!

The only thing I'd wish I did on my first track day was get a set of dedicated track pads, and switched to a high boiling point fluid. I ran PBIR pretty hard in my stock Si and the brakes are a glaring weak point in the car. Since you're running that much extra power, it's going to be that much bigger a weakness on stock pads. (I blew mine out on the first track day, almost metal on metal) Keep an eye on your temps until you know your cooling will take it, and have fun! Go at your own pace leave your ego at home and take advise from the instructors. If all goes well, I'll likely be there with you on track. I'm planning on going either way even if just to watch.

Honda Civic 10th gen She’s no longer a daily!! Si Track.JPG

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I'll be out there on the road course this Saturday. Highly recommend PBIR, nothing but good stuff from my experiences

OP
OP
2tone

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll be out there on the road course this Saturday. Highly recommend PBIR, nothing but good stuff from my experiences
I’ve been trying to get off this Saturday to go too, but looks unlikely. Cool to see that there’s a few other Xgens out at pbir
Sponsored