Sh*tty Floor Mats

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
Just looked at Husky and WeatherTech, and neither has mats available for the '16 Civic Coupe :(
When I got my coupe last month I contacted WeatherTech and they told me they would be available in "8-12" weeks, which is now 4-8 weeks. I didn't contact Husky but I'm assuming around the same time frame.
Sponsored

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
One problem I've noticed with our OEM carpet driver's side mat is that the notch for the dead pedal is too far forward relative to the clips with the result that the bound edge of the mat overlaps the bottom of the dead pedal by about its own width. That'll be the first part to wear completely out.

asdf916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP
Country flag
Any alternatives for folks who don't want the all-weather mats? I drive barefoot sometimes so I like having carpet mats.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
When I got my coupe last month I contacted WeatherTech and they told me they would be available in "8-12" weeks, which is now 4-8 weeks. I didn't contact Husky but I'm assuming around the same time frame.
Any updates on the Weather Tech or Husky mats? I'm thinking of picking one up.

kcwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Yesterday I called my dealer and explained my disappointment with the floor mats and the fact that i have a hole in the driver side. They are replacing them with the all-weather honda mats, gratis. If you're having the same problem consider contacting your dealer.
What exactly did you say? Did you contact the manager or your sales person?
I just emailed one of the reps that I had worked with before and said ... "Hey, I only have 3K miles on this car and already the floor mats are falling apart. Here's a pic. Is there anything honda can do to address the problem". He reached out to Honda North America and they said they could do a one-time good faith swap of the stock floor mats for the all weather versions. That's pretty much it
I did something similar, with slightly different results. My sales guy said the mats are covered under the 3yr/36k mile warranty and he had parts order a set to replace my originals. They arrived in a day and service installed the drivers side and gave me the rest to keep. While I appreciate the good faith effort, I let him know he should expect to see me every 6 months. :) I also suggested someone should tell AHC these are pretty lousy mats. Next time maybe I can negotiate a deal like Chris-P (or at least get the all-weather Honda mats at their cost).

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I still have them in the Hatchback sealed since I got the All Weather for free. Wondering if I should sell it.

Callou2131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 HRV EX, 2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Yeah the armrest material is absolute garbage in my 2017. I figure my elbow will wear a hole in it within a year.

canalrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
Thanks for the link.

I can see where the standard carpet floor mats in my Civic Touring probably won't last. In my last Honda I kept the formats until a hole developed and started wearing the carpet below. I like carpeted, but the winter slush around here takes a toll. I don't mind replacing the mats every few years – even though, with other cars, so far I haven't.

The Lloyds Ultimate or Closed Loop (CL) look nice.

Anybody have these or have other carpeted replacement favorites?

Are they thicker than the standard Honda mats? Do they fit well?

Thanks,
Barry.

fjrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4 door LX with CVT
Country flag
Get a small transparent generic plastic mat at Walmart, etc. and place it atop the Honda mat. Let the plastic take the punishment of your shoe heels, protecting your Honda mat from wear and tear.

Callou2131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 HRV EX, 2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Get a small transparent generic plastic mat at Walmart, etc. and place it atop the Honda mat. Let the plastic take the punishment of your shoe heels, protecting your Honda mat from wear and tear.
Yup, there are tons of solutions, but when you spend money on a new car you shouldnt have to rig it to be functional.

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
Yeah, those Maxpiders look good. Looks like they might fit a 2017 hatch...
Sponsored