First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Been wanting to log dates/thoughts when I got my modifications done, so I figured I'd compile what I had so far.

Emblem Plastidip & Decal (Sometime November 2017) // Tint (12/29/17)

Honda Civic 10th gen SGP Sport Hatch Project yCu7NQd
-For my first time using plastidip, it was actually pretty good. I later removed it to add glossifier, and it did not come out as good. Slight regret, but oh well.
-Tint is 35% on front driver's and passenger's windows, and 5% limo on rear windows and rear windshield.
-The tint cost me $170, and only goes down to right behind the lower spoiler. The guy said it'd be $70 more if he did the whole thing because of the extra labor. I's only noticeable from the inside and I am happy with it.
-The decal was the first thing I'd ever done to customize a car and I was really excited about it.

Window Visors (1/27/18)

Honda Civic 10th gen SGP Sport Hatch Project b4yE57s
-Easy enough to apply, slightly messed up and had to adjust position, ruining/moving the adhesive a little. Not really noticeable.
-Really glad they haven't flown off

Repaired Scratched Underbody Spoiler (Early February 2018)

Honda Civic 10th gen SGP Sport Hatch Project lkiOUz
-Fucked it up pulling out of my driveway, the shop said they'd repaint it for $100, so I just did it myself.
-Filled out the torn/scraped off plastic with metal wire and paperclay, sanded down, and painted with a touch-up paint pen and a duplicolor clear coat. Came out okay, not quite as glossy as stock, and has a small bump where I didn't sand the clay work down enough.

Tinted Foglights Yellow (2/5/18)

Honda Civic 10th gen SGP Sport Hatch Project 144Nu7l
-Used a roll of iJDMtoy yellow vinyl film.
-Cut into circles, applied, then smoothed out, tucking in excess with a card.

Added Red Stripe to Underbody Spoiler/Skirts (2/10/18)

Honda Civic 10th gen SGP Sport Hatch Project rgekSfC

Honda Civic 10th gen SGP Sport Hatch Project a4pVoJc
-$4 1/4" pinstriping tape from Autozone, really easy job that imo adds a lot of character

Installed Injen SRI (2/17/18)

Honda Civic 10th gen SGP Sport Hatch Project Y0DbkiS
-Pretty easy, was just kind of annoying because I didn't know exactly what I was doing.
-As I've heard, it's really just mostly for sound. You can definitely hear the difference with the louder hiss/whirr from the intake/turbo noise.

Installed Type R Wing (3/9/18)

Honda Civic 10th gen SGP Sport Hatch Project HaDvLrQ

Honda Civic 10th gen SGP Sport Hatch Project sxVmrMx

-Painted the same day I received it at a local body shop. Cost $300, took one day.
-Install was easy enough, only had one issue when one rivet nut broke, so we replaced it.
-I haven't had flex issues at highway speeds, at least not that I can notice.

Installed GReddy Exhaust (3/12/18)

Honda Civic 10th gen SGP Sport Hatch Project pibSpOb

-Sorry bout the dirt lol, it rained recently and left an asston of dirt and dust on my car, esp the back. Haven't had the time to clean it off.
-Install was relatively easy, just a lack of proper equipment made it hard. (We had to borrow an extra jack and some jack stands, and a breaker bar/impact wrench would've been helpful.)
-Sounds great.

Installed Hondata +6 Tune (3/27/18)
-[No images]
-Feels amazing compared to stock.

Installed Si Rear Sway Bar (3/29/18)
-[No images]
-Fairly noticeable difference in turning, I definitely feel a little more planted.
-Probably safer than the Type R or other aftermarket RSBs for daily driving.

Next mod is probably new tires, and maybe Eibach lowering springs, then that'll be it for a while.

Last edited:

FearTheH

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
I'm personally not a fan of the sonic gray, but she's looking slick mang! Looking forward to see continuing progress!

OP
OP
littleprincerex

littleprincerex

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm personally not a fan of the sonic gray, but she's looking slick mang! Looking forward to see continuing progress!
Thanks! Honestly the color was something that had to grow on me, I totally get not being a fan haha

Yourscout

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback Sport Touring, Honda Del Sol
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pretty much everything I want to do to my car ?
Sponsored