phugazu

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Lx 2016
Country flag
So I installed a new sony apple carplay unit in my 2016 honda civic lx and set my backup. When I put the car in reverse the camera turns on. However, the camera tends to cut in and out and will turn off then turn back on while backing up. I have made sure the wires are not loose. I wired them using wire nuts and wonder if soldering these wires together would make the camera not go in and out. If anyone else would have any suggestions let me know. Thank you.
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Does it go in and out, even with your foot on the brake? If it is not motion sensitive, then it's not a wire issue. Maybe something wrong with the HU?

OP
OP

phugazu

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Lx 2016
Country flag
Does it go in and out, even with your foot on the brake? If it is not motion sensitive, then it's not a wire issue. Maybe something wrong with the HU?
Yes it still goes in and out even with my foot on the brake. Do you think it is a problem with the reverse in wire.

M16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex
Country flag
Only way to find out is to crimp or solder.
If not then might be an issue with the radio

OP
OP

phugazu

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Lx 2016
Country flag
Only way to find out is to crimp or solder.
If not then might be an issue with the radio
I have read online that I might need to bypass the wiring harness and connect it directly to the reverse lights.

OP
OP

phugazu

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Lx 2016
Country flag
Yes it still goes in and out even with my foot on the brake. Do you think it is a problem with the reverse in wire.
I think it might be a problem with the reverse in wire. Any other suggestions

OP
OP

phugazu

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Lx 2016
Country flag
I think it might be a problem with the reverse in wire. Any other suggestions
Or maybe it is a power issue because of the step down converter, Will I have problems if I dont use the converter

Civicturboed

First Name
Yussuf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport 2019
Country flag
Hey man did you ever figure it out?? Im having this problem right now and i have no clue how to fix it.

Civicturboed

First Name
Yussuf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport 2019
Country flag
So I installed a new sony apple carplay unit in my 2016 honda civic lx and set my backup. When I put the car in reverse the camera turns on. However, the camera tends to cut in and out and will turn off then turn back on while backing up. I have made sure the wires are not loose. I wired them using wire nuts and wonder if soldering these wires together would make the camera not go in and out. If anyone else would have any suggestions let me know. Thank you.
Hey man did you ever figure it out?? Im having this problem right now and i have no clue how to fix it.
Sponsored